Plugin Contributions

Default Multi language: Mark product out of stock

Hello,
    v1.3.7.1 [2007-08-27 21:50:28] (Fresh Installation)
    Italian,English,French language packs installed.

In admin module I try to update the "Mark product out of stock" in the correct language and I cannot add a different text per language ?
    Seems the Language id does not exist on this table.

configuration table has following fields:

configuration_id configuration_title configuration_key configuration_value configuration_description configuration_group_id sort_order last_modified date_added use_function set_function

We need a language_id field added and to update the script which populates this table to be able to have a different configuration_value per language.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Multi language: Mark product out of stock

Quote Originally Posted by FromTheRiviera View Post
    In admin module I try to update the "Mark product out of stock" in the correct language and I cannot add a different text per language ?
    It is not designed to add descriptive text in this field. Instead, it is intended that you enter a symbol which can be footnoted using the provided descriptive text via the language files.

The default setting is "***", and the descriptive text that couples that is in the following defines, depending on which page you're viewing:

checkout_confirmation:
    Code:
    define('OUT_OF_STOCK_CAN_CHECKOUT', 'Products marked with ' . STOCK_MARK_PRODUCT_OUT_OF_STOCK . ' are out of stock.<br />Items not in stock will be placed on backorder.');
    shopping_cart:
    Code:
    define('OUT_OF_STOCK_CANT_CHECKOUT', 'Products marked with ' . STOCK_MARK_PRODUCT_OUT_OF_STOCK . ' are out of stock or there are not enough in stock to fill your order.<br />Please change the quantity of products marked with (' . STOCK_MARK_PRODUCT_OUT_OF_STOCK . '). Thank you');
    define('OUT_OF_STOCK_CAN_CHECKOUT', 'Products marked with ' . STOCK_MARK_PRODUCT_OUT_OF_STOCK . ' are out of stock.<br />Items not in stock will be placed on backorder.');
    (note: the STOCK_MARK_PRODUCT_OUT_OF_STOCK constant comes from the symbols entered in the configuration table via the admin, as you were talking about.)

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Multi language: Mark product out of stock

I get it now. Have put back the *** as you recommend and will customise the text preceeding or fololwing . STOCK_MARK_PRODUCT_OUT_OF_STOCK . instead.

Many thanks,
    fromTheRiviera