Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Protx VSP Direct 2.4.0

Hi,

I'm starting two new threads here to make things easier for those using the free version 2.x of the Protx Direct payment module and the commercial 3.x to find information specific to their version.

This thread is for the free version 2.x of the module!

A new version of the module has been released to implement the changes necessary to support Protx's new systems which were brought in on 1st August 2007.

Changes in 2.4.0 (from version 2.2.2) are as follows:

[UPDATED] Module updated with URLs for Protx's new systems.
    [UPDATED] Support for new test card numbers and AVS/CV2 test values added.
    [ADDED] Support for new Authenticate Transaction Mode added.
    [REMOVED] Support for old Pre-Authorisation Transaction Mode removed.
    [UPDATED] Format of amount being sent to Protx locked down to use 2 decimal places regardless of the currency in use.
    [UPDATED] A warning is now displayed when one of the test Transaction Modes is being used.
    [UPDATED] Documentation (FAQs) updated with information about manual installation of the necessary Blowfish encryption files.
    [BUGFIX] Warnings if user has safe mode enabled fixed by checking if safe mode is enabled. However, as a result, communication time with Protx is then reduced to 5 seconds less than the script's max_execution_time, increasing the risk of timeouts. Safe mode is not good, disable it if you can and harden your server in better ways! :)
    [ADDED] The “Status” information for a completed transaction is now displayed alongside the other order information in the admin.

Download Version 2.4.0 Now! - http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=629

If you find the free version useful please consider purchasing the full version, it is people doing so that enables us to keep on top of all the changes by Protx! (Plus there's lots of extra features in the full version including support for 3D-Secure/Maestro!).

Enjoy!

All the best...

Conor

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Protx VSP Direct 2.4.0

Have just installed the module Protx 2.4.0 and get the following error.

Warning:
    The Protx Direct Database Table Does Not Exist!

Please help
    Tried copying the files again and still the same error.

Plugin Contributions

You need to create the database table by running the protx_direct_sql.sql code that comes in the mod.

From the README.html file in the mod (step 6):

1. Create the Database

A SQL script, protx_direct_sql.sql, is provided with this contribution to create the database in which the module stores transaction information.
      • You can either use software like PHPMyAdmin to run the SQL script (Don't forget to check the name of the table. If you use a prefix for your table names you should make sure that you put this prefix in front of the table name)..
      • Or you can go to Tools > Install SQL Patches in the Zen Cart Admin and run the file through that.

Plugin Contributions

I have uploaded the protx module and it initially showed on the admin menu (payment module), now it doesn't after I created the database. I cannot access any of the other payment modules on clicking on the info buttons.

I have reloaded all the files again but to no avail. The upgrading info says remove the module from the admin panel before updating. But I cannot do this as the option does not exist.

I also noticed that one of the files mentioned in the installation document does not exist in the files.

How should I remove it and reload it. Does this mean that there is an error or more likely is it me.

I am not keen to get the full one if I can't get the basic one to work.

Will

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by eye will View Post
    I have uploaded the protx module and it initially showed on the admin menu (payment module), now it doesn't after I created the database. I cannot access any of the other payment modules on clicking on the info buttons.
    I'm guessing that this problem occurred after you "Installed" the module and not after you uploaded the SQL script. This is a Zen Cart problem caused by its database caching functionality.

Please edit your includes/configure.php and admin/includes/configure.php files and change the database SQL caching setting (near the bottom) to "none".

That should get you up and running! :)

I have reloaded all the files again but to no avail. The upgrading info says remove the module from the admin panel before updating. But I cannot do this as the option does not exist.
    Is this an upgrade rather than a fresh install?

I also noticed that one of the files mentioned in the installation document does not exist in the files.
    That's ok, that's a known mistake in the docs... as long as you uploaded all the files in the archive you are fine on that front!

I hope that has you sorted! If not please get in contact on the dev.ceon.net/contact_us website with your FTP details and your shop's admin details so I can log in and debug/fix things for you.

All the best...

Conor

Plugin Contributions

Conor,

I have changed the configure files to 'none' but it still does not work. I have sent you the details via your site.

It was a fresh install.

Thank you for your help

Will

Plugin Contributions

Hi Will,

Just letting anyone else who has this problem know that it was indeed caused by some files being missing from the site... reuploading them stopped the problems with the module not appearing in the payment modules section of the admin.

Thank you for your help
    Glad to be of service! :)

All the best...

Conor
    Ceon

Plugin Contributions

Conor,

Thanks for that.

I will get my site up and running, try it out and then I am sure you have a happy customer coming your way to get the full product.

Will

P.S. will zen-cart 1.3.8 upgrade cause me any problems? Should I hold off upgrading or are there anythings I should do to prevent problems.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Thanks for that.
    No problem! ;)

P.S. will zen-cart 1.3.8 upgrade cause me any problems? Should I hold off upgrading or are there anythings I should do to prevent problems.
    I don't think so, the module is written to correspond to ZC's standard layout.

All the best...

Conor

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Just looking for a litte guidance. I'm using VSP Direct 2.4.0 on a new install, version 1.3.7.1.

I keep getting a message when testing the protx module in test mode.

(4020 : Information received from an Invalid IP address. The value was **.**.**.**)

I've obviously obscured the IP address but this same address has been entered in the admin settings in the Protx VSP Admin screen. Could this be a problem with protx or could the payment module be to blame?

Thanks
    Matt

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast