Hybrid View

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Removing Images From Product Pages without removing them from Category Pages

Oh ... I didn't understand you only wanted to remove the main image from certain products ... Hhhmmm

I would use a different product type for the ones you don't want the main image for and use the CSS fix instead of messing in the code. :)
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Removing Images From Product Pages without removing them from Category Pages

OK, so I have a new product type but the CSS still governs it and the Product - General type. Apologies again for the stupidity but how do I seperate the CSS?

Plugin Contributions

#productGeneral #productMainImage {display: none;}

or

#productYourType #productMainImage {display: none;}

whichever is appropriate.

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: Removing Images From Product Pages without removing them from Category Pages

Thanks, though in the end I went for using a c_??.css stylesheet (where ?? is the cat. no.) which edited the images from the single category. A p_??.css also does that for individual products. No need to create any new product types! Though it was good SQL practice, terrifying as it is to mess with the database.

Plugin Contributions

Hello! I want to REMOVE images from particular products. How do I do this? You stated to use some kind of code p_??.css But where do I put this? How do I apply this? I understand that the ?? is replaced by the product number, but how and where do I put this code?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Derwin

Plugin Contributions

This would be an additional stylesheet which you would add to your /your_template/css/ folder. That stylesheet would look something like

/* special styling for product id ?? */
    #productMainImage {display: none;}

See the css_read_me file in /template_default/css/ for more information.

Plugin Contributions

Hello! I added a new stylesheet. I named it stylesheet2. I put this code in it:
    /* special styling for product id 47 */
    #productMainImage {display: none;}

I placed it in the exact location recomended, but nothing worked.

I also just placed the above code in the existing file called "stylesheet.css", but also nothing changed.

What am I doing wrong?

Is there a specific place to put this, or what exactly needs to be done? I am really confused about this.

I am soooooooooo greatful for any help in this.

Derwin