Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Removing Images From Product Pages without removing them from Category Pages

I'd like to remove the main image from the product page, as the page is for a pack containing a varity of different products but having done this the image then disappears from the category listings. Is there anyone I can get rid of one without losing the other?
    This is the product page (sans image)
    http://www.pipersfarm.com/zen-cart/i...roducts_id=158

This is the category page (also sans image for the product in question)
    http://www.pipersfarm.com/zen-cart/i...index&cPath=12

Any help much appreciated,

Ed

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Removing Images From Product Pages without removing them from Category Pages

What did you do to remove the image in question?
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Removing Images From Product Pages without removing them from Category Pages

I typed none.gif as the image name as suggested in the zen cart tutorial.

Plugin Contributions

Okay, using none.gif removes the main product image everywhere. To show them on the listings pages and other palaces but not on the product detail page then you should be able to "remove" it with some CSS.

find #productMainImage in your style sheet. Remove any other css properties and replace with:

#productMainImage {display: none;}
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Legendary... I love your parrot.

Plugin Contributions

Though that may be a little premature. How do I avoid removing all the images? That stylesheet covers all the product pages doesn't it? Am I being really stupid? Why did I even ask that? Of course I am.

Plugin Contributions

I could do it just for a single $cPath if that helps...

Plugin Contributions

Perhaps something along the lines of the script that disables sideboxes on certain pages? How would one go about incorporating this:

Code:
    if (in_array($current_page_base,explode(",",'index')) ) {
        $flag_disable_left = true;
      }
    if (in_array($cPath,explode(",",'1,2,3.....etc etc')) ) {
        $flag_disable_right = true;
        $flag_disable_left = false;
      }
    into the tpl_product_info_display.php page?

Plugin Contributions

Oh ... I didn't understand you only wanted to remove the main image from certain products ... Hhhmmm

I would use a different product type for the ones you don't want the main image for and use the CSS fix instead of messing in the code. :)

Plugin Contributions

OK, so I have a new product type but the CSS still governs it and the Product - General type. Apologies again for the stupidity but how do I seperate the CSS?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast