Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Removing Images From Product Pages without removing them from Category Pages

You would follow the css_read_me directions and make another stylesheet named:

c_14_21_22.css

with contents of:

.dc.prod_c1 {display: none;}

This will control listing images for that subcategory only. You will need the same file renamed for each subcat you want to treat this way.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Removing Images From Product Pages without removing them from Category Pages

Glen, YOU ARE THE BEST! This worked perfectly.

But can you tell me what each element stands for? This way I can do this with all of the rest of the products. I tried figuring it out myself, but with no success. So, what did you do to work this magic? What does the NAME of the css file stand for, and what does the content of the file stand for?

You help with this is simply fantastic.

Derwin

Plugin Contributions

The filename can be gotten from the cPath (category path) shown in the address bar when on the listing page. It includes the id of the top category and each subcat in the path.

c_14_21_22.css

The CSS code

.dc.prod_c1 {display: none;}

means that elements with class tags of class="dc prod_c1" will not be displayed.

Ordinarily you would want to add some higher-level tags (like #productListing) to be sure the effects are limited to this case, but since this stylesheet is only applied to this page, that is not necessary.

Standard Zen Cart class/id tags are generally named meaningfully so you can get at least a basic understanding of their purpose, but Template Monster hacks out many of those names and adds many, many cryptic tags which require close inspection of the code to understand. In some cases they remove all identifiers so an element cannot be addressed individually in their template. That's one reason for TM's reputation in this forum.

Plugin Contributions

Glenn,

Wow! This is just great. You have relieved many headaches for me. Thank you for taking the time to help.

Derwin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123