Plugin Contributions

Default Browsing to Zen Cart installation

Seem to have the cart installed and working properly but when trying to serve the cart pages from a directory below the default Mac/apache webserver path, the cart main page does not appear. In this case, the site's pre-zencart install main page starts up. But the cart's main page opens when browsing to http://website/zencart directory (an example).

Running Mac OSX server 10.4.10. I have learned that apache should serve pages from any directory that is named in server admin. Added the zen cart directory name to the default web folder, saved and restarted server-no zen cart main page. Also added template overide path to the default web folder, saved and restarted server-no zen cart main page. The default index files named in server admin are index.html and index.php-the sites original php file was also renamed to not conflict with the zen cart's index.php.

What I would like to do is have Zen Cart main page show when browsing to http://website, instead of having to add the zen cart install directory to the domain name, and without having to move the cart files/db out of the Zen Cart install directory. Is there something that I have overlooked or a way to do this in Mac server admin or apache?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Browsing to Zen Cart installation

You should be able to manually change your config files (/includes/configure.php and /admin/includes/configure.php) to use the correct paths easily enough.

I suspect that you probably left the default values in there on installation, or got them wrong when you installed.

Around line 23 on /includes/configure.php, this will allow your root to serve the main Zen page:

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/');

and around line 39 you'll need the physical path:

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/path/to/website/');

(I don't follow the typical conventions on this, and I don't recall what the conventional path is, but that should be easy enough to figure out.)

Make similar changes for your admin config file.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Browsing to Zen Cart installation

Quote Originally Posted by micamac View Post
    What I would like to do is have Zen Cart main page show when browsing to http://website, instead of having to add the zen cart install directory to the domain name, and without having to move the cart files/db out of the Zen Cart install directory. Is there something that I have overlooked or a way to do this in Mac server admin or apache?
    Oh, wait a sec. I just re-read that part. So what you're trying to do is serve ZenCart from the root index page while keeping all the ZenCart files in a subdirectory? You're bound to break more than a few paths that way. It could probably be done, but you'd likely have to make a lot of changes to file paths.

I'd think it would be much easier to either put in a redirect from the root's index file to the zen directory, or to move all the zen files to root.