Plugin Contributions

Default My images on someones Ebay auction

In my control panel I noticed alot of Ebay links to my site - someone has linked my image in thier auction but when you click on image it closes the window - see below

http://cgi.ebay.com/David-White-LT8-...QQcmdZViewItem

A few questions -

I can't stop people from taking my images (actually manufacturers) but how can I watermark them?

Anyway to put domain name in Alt Tag?

Can you get a different Alt Tag on mouse over? So if they copy image your message appears over image

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: My images on someones Ebay auction

If they're linking to your images, you can have some fun.

You could change them for something discrete ("This image has been stolen from www.xyz.com"), or you could go for something . Another idea is to change them for something no-one would ever want to buy (similar item, but only fit for the knacker's yard).

In the long-run, though, they'll take whatever they want. Watermarking is easy with several proprietary and many free image handling packages - including the Image Handler 2 mod for Zen Cart.

If you have a throw-away eBay account you could also place a bid to prevent the culprit from editing out your doctored image (although he'll probably just cancel your bid if he figures out it was you).
    Last edited by GSIS; 27 Sep 2007 at 08:57 PM. Reason: Added paragraph.

Plugin Contributions

you can also setup to deny hotlinking,
    if you are using c-panel you can just hit the hotlinking button and true it ON,
    remember to put your urls in place
    Zen cart PCI compliant Hosting

Plugin Contributions

With hotlinks off will it hurt any of my Google or Yahoo search engine results - I know they have spiderd my images folders since I checked the allow box on Goole Webmaster Tools, but I see Google has hundreds of my links in thier sitemap with popup images

http://www.stakemill.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1044

I would rather have those out of Google due to the fact if you click on one in a goolge search it minimizes your window and then when you click on it it closes your search you were performing. Am I off base with hotlinks and the pop up images?

Thanks