Plugin Contributions

Default tell me am wrong "paypal express"

Hi,

Just confused with all this so called paypal express or website payment pro.

Now am i right to say the user will not know that he hag gone to paypal to make a payment? Right... its meant to be all on my site but paypal will process it at the back.

Now what am confused about... i add something to card, click checkout, add shipping, den click on confirm order..............

now where does this go.....

1) page with says login to paypal blah blah with click if you havent got an account
    2) add credit card info on my site
    3) add credit card info via paypals site with the url address showing as their address.

Someone please advise

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: tell me am wrong "paypal express"

any one...

Plugin Contributions

Default website payment pro

Hi all, tired of figuring this issue i cant resolve. Someone please advice as no one does.

I am in UK looking to use website payment pro UK... does this work with the latest version of Zencart.

I have enabled it... i do get an icon for express checkout with login, i believe this is fine.

But they try to make a payment... with this website payment pro, shouldnt it ask for credit card details on the site and paypal to process it at the back.

Whats happening is it goes to a page asking them to log into paypal or click here if you havent got one.

My understanding was it would ask for credit card details on my site.

Someone please suggest cos am struggling

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnasah View Post
    Just confused with all this so called paypal express or website payment pro.

Now am i right to say the user will not know that he hag gone to paypal to make a payment? Right... its meant to be all on my site but paypal will process it at the back.
    1. Zen Cart v1.3.7 doesn't include Website payments Pro -- thus will not be able to "invisibly" pay by credit card using PayPal. They must go to the Paypal site to complete payment. They *will* know that they've gone to PayPal.

The support for Website Payments Pro will come soon in v1.3.8 ... and using that method, they will *not* know that PayPal was used.

2. If the customer clicks on a PayPal button -- either for Express Checkout or to select to pay via PayPal as a payment choice, then they will be taken to the PayPal site to log in, select a funding choice, and complete payment (or to pay directly via a credit card on the paypal site and optionally create a PayPal account in the process).

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks, i have nearly finished my site and was sorting the papment options... big setback for me as i really needed to integrate that feature.

Any ideas when is the next version with website payment pro going to be released... is it long way away....