Page 1 of 218 1231151101 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Fast and Easy Checkout

v1.02 FAST AND EASY CHECKOUT FOR ZEN CART

AUTHOR:
    =======
    This script was brought to you by the joint efforts of Numinix Technology and Notus:

Numinix Technology - http://www.numinix.com
    Notus - http://www.notus.biz/en

Written by numinix

DESCRIPTION:
    ============
    Combines the payment and shipping checkout pages into one page for a shortened checkout process.

INSTALL:
    ========
    1. Upload all files to their respective folders;
    2. Rename /includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE to your custom template name;
    3. Copy and paste the install.sql file into ADMIN->TOOLS->INSTALL SQL PATCHES to be able to activate or deactivate the one-page checkout feature included with Fast and Easy Checkout for Zen Cart;

UNINSTALL:
    ==========
    1. Delete all uploaded files;
    2. Run the uninstall.sql (if you simply want to deactivate but keep the installation, read tips below):

TIPS:
    =====
    Fast and Easy Checkout for Zen Cart is activated by loading an extra_configures file called checkout.php before the filenames.php file.
    This causes definitions for the checkout links to be defined to direct customers to the new integrated checkout page. To deactivate the script without
    running the uninstall.sql and deleting all of the files, simply rename or delete the file includes/extra_configures/checkout.php.

To personalize the checkout, you can create your own CSS file and then edit the classes found within
    includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/templates/tpl_checkout_default.php
    This file contains the layout of the page and can be re-organized by moving the fieldset blocks to however you want.

You may also want to redefine the TEXT and ERROR definitions found in checkout.php. Do NOT redefined the FILENAME definitions or the script will not work.

VERSION HISTORY
    ===============
    v 1.00 22/09/2007
    1. Combined checkout_payment and checkout_shipping pages;
    v 1.01 24/09/2007
    1. Includes the option to remove checkout confirmation page;
    v 1.02 27/09/2007
    1. Bug fix;

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Fast and Easy Checkout for Zen Cart

Thank you so much!!! This is what I have been looking for! I am sure that many people will love this!

I noticed that it has to refresh the page after the shipping option is selected since it selects the first shipping option and adds it to the cart total at the top of the checkout page and if something else is selected it refreshes with the new cart total with shipping and any other option selected like discount coupons, store credit, etc. If I could suggest that at some point some JavaScript is added to update the cart totals without having to refresh the page?

Another little thing that I noticed is that after installing this mod all of my page titles have changed to "checkout".

Thanks again!! This is awesome!!!

Matt
    Last edited by lankeeyankee; 29 Sep 2007 at 06:37 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lankeeyankee View Post
    Thank you so much!!! This is what I have been looking for! I am sure that many people will love this!

I noticed that it has to refresh the page after the shipping option is selected since it selects the first shipping option and adds it to the cart total at the top of the checkout page and if something else is selected it refreshes with the new cart total with shipping and any other option selected like discount coupons, store credit, etc. If I could suggest that at some point some JavaScript is added to update the cart totals without having to refresh the page?

Another little thing that I noticed is that after installing this mod all of my page titles have changed to "checkout".

Thanks again!! This is awesome!!!

Matt
    It actually doesn't refresh. What the script does is it updates your selection and then posts it to itself so that the totals will update. This was needed for the one page checkout. I'll fix the definitions ASAP and release a fix.

Plugin Contributions

v1.03 FAST AND EASY CHECKOUT FOR ZEN CART

Fixes global checkout definitions bug;

Plugin Contributions

This is so great!! Thanks for all your work on it.
    I installed without a problem, however after I installed my confirm order page hangs....I changed the file per read me and it stops hanging.

Oh also my cc does not accept any cc # when this is installed. I am currently using just the plain CC module, after the card numbers are entered and the continue button is pushed there is an error...we are curently not accepting the credit card you are using (something close to that!)

I am guessing I did something wrong, any idea what?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by helpme View Post
    This is so great!! Thanks for all your work on it.
    I installed without a problem, however after I installed my confirm order page hangs....I changed the file per read me and it stops hanging.

Oh also my cc does not accept any cc # when this is installed. I am currently using just the plain CC module, after the card numbers are entered and the continue button is pushed there is an error...we are curently not accepting the credit card you are using (something close to that!)

I am guessing I did something wrong, any idea what?
    The script hasn't been fully tested for all payment modules, so we will have to look into that. Something must be missing from the header.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you so much! This is amazing! I have noticed 2 small issues however. First of all, useing CSS buttons seems to break this, I can't figure out why. It causes the confirm order button to just keep refreshing the page. Secondly (and far less important) when useing the USPS optional insurance module, the page doesn't refresh when insurance is checked. It does charge it, it just doesn't update at the top.
    2 + 2 = 5 for extremely large values of 2

Pez Collectors Store

Plugin Contributions

When you make additions, add the same onClick or onChange function as in the shipping selection field. In this case, it is the updateForm() function.

For CSS buttons, you would use a similar function as in the checkout button.

You'll need to have an understanding of PHP and JAVA to make these changes. But, for the most part... monkey see, monkey do.

:)

Plugin Contributions

OK, I installed as per the readme, and now the cart simply never reaches the checkout page. When I go to checkout, it hangs.

Plugin Contributions

Oh, and it doesn't matter whether it is set to off or on in the Fast and Easy Checkout Configuration.

Page 1 of 218 1231151101 ... LastLast