Page 4 of 218 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Fast and Easy Checkout for Zen Cart

I tested using the built in cc feature. But it should be the same...

This sounds like a great add on and just what I've been looking for, but where is it?

Thanks

Neil

Plugin Contributions

v1.04 is ready for beta testing. I've made some major changes in order to process credit cards. Here is a brief description.

The normal checkout process posts the payment information to the next page, checkout confirmation. When I originally eliminated this page I had the form post to itself and then either redirect to checkout confirmation or to checkout process. By having the redirect, any payment information other than the selection was lost. This means that if you picked cc as the payment type, it would lose all the cc information and return a cc payment error.

What I've changed is that the form now posts to checkout_confirmation as in the normal process. Shipping will default to the cheapest method if the customer does not select an alternate method. When they select a shipping method, the form posts to itself and displays the checkout page with the updated selection. When the customer clicks the submit button, the shipping information has already been stored and the payment information is posted to checkout confirmation. What happens on checkout confirmation depends on whether or not one-page checkout has been activated or not. If so, it will load the page and then automatically submit to checkout process. It will display the checkout confirmation page, but this can be edited to display alternate text such as "PROCESSING...".

So, if anyone would like to test the script before it is publicly released, please email webmaster AT numinix DOT com

Plugin Contributions

The script can also be tested at:

http://www.numinix.com/1pagecheckout/

I've included the credit card module to represent all the credit card processing modules. The checkout_confirmation page has been left with its default content, but this can be changed to display something like:

PROCESSING YOUR ORDER...

Once the page has fully loaded, it will forward to checkout_process. There isn't enouch time for the customer to read the checkout_confirmation page, so it's highly recommended that it be changed to display something like as above. I will probably make this an admin feature to display whatever text you want centered horizontally and vertically on the page.

Plugin Contributions

I fixed some more bugs. I've turned one-page checkout off so that it's easier to test without having your order submitted everytime you press the confirm button to test other features.

Current version on my demo site is 1.041. Once all bugs are removed, I'll release as v1.05 on my site. Please continue to bug test and PM me your findings.

Plugin Contributions

I have a "checkout without an account" mod installed...will this work in conjuction with that or will it replace it?

The reason I ask is because I'm still getting a lot of people exiting my site at the log in portion of the checkout. Even though the second block says "Checkout without an account", I think people get scared off by seeing the login part and don't want to create an account.

Anyway, from what I;ve seen of this, it works the same (though a different layout) and I wanted to knwo if I had to uninstall anything before installing this...and if I did, does this add back the "checkout without an account" feature?

Hope that wasn't too confusing :)

Plugin Contributions

the link to fast and easy checkout is not working

Plugin Contributions

If you read the thread, you would know that FEC was being redeveloped to remove the bugs and the current versions were deactivated on the site to avoid problems for Zenners.

That said:

v1.05 FAST AND EASY CHECKOUT FOR ZEN CART

• v 1.04 15/10/2007
      • 1. Bug fix;
    • v 1.041 16/10/2007
      • 1. Bug fix;
    • v 1.05 23/20/2007
      • 1. Bug fix;
      • 2. Added ability to hide tpl_checkout_confirmation and display alternate text;
    v1.04x were updates performed privately. Thank to Notus for developing this module along with Numinix Technology!

Here is a brief description of what the mod does now:

If one page checkout is not activated, then the module simply combines checkout_shipping and checkout_payment into a single page to increase the conversion rate for checkout_payment and reduce the number of clicks in the checkout process.

If one page checkout is activated, you have the option of hiding the text on checkout_confirmation and displaying your alternate text. The default is "Your order is being processed, please wait..." and then the customer is automatically redirected to the payment page selected on the checkout page. Remember that PayPal Express Checkout will not work unless you have added your API Signature information!

Supporting this module can be done in many ways. You can use the donation button on the Numinix Technology web page (50% of donations are forwarded to Notus so please clarify which contribution you are supporting if it is FEC in particular). The other way is to provide your conversion information from Google Analytics to this thread. You may maintain the privacy of your site by simply providing the following information:

Date 1 / Conversion Rate (Right before installing FEC)
    Date 2 / Conversion Rate (i.e. one month later)

Also, any tips that can be done to alter the script to improve conversions even more (without eliminating checkout_confirmation - needed to process payments).

Plugin Contributions

Hi Jeff,

Thanks so much for your continued support of this mod! I think that everyone would benefit from using it on their site, it has to increase the conversion rate.

I just noticed that if you have moneyorders enabled as a payment option the text that displays the payment info - who to make the check/mo out to and where to send it along with the line saying that your order won't be shipped until the payment is received - would normally show up on the checkout_confirmation page. I've been messing around with both the moneyorder.php file from include/module/payment as well as includes/templates/mytemplate/templates/tpl_checkout_success_default.php to try to get it to display on the checkout success page, but I am still a beginner programmer and all of my hours of tinkering haven't produced any positive results. Do you have any ideas on how to get this to work out?

Thanks!

Matt

Plugin Contributions

Doesn't it still email the customer the directions?

You'll have to copy the area of the template and header that processes and displays this information on checkout_confirmation.

Page 4 of 218 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast