Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Can this be my ZenCart home page?

Sorry to be such a pest y'all. I am really struggling with what I'm trying to do because I'm super new to php. I'm pretty ok with HTML and below average with CSS. Anywho, I want my ZenCart 'Home' page to be just like this

http://www.thelotetree.com.

This is the website that I started to design and then realized that I was in way over my head with doing my own shopping cart. I can't afford to have someone do it for me....so. I'm sure you've heard the sob story before.

It's ok if the ZenCart footer stays there, but I want the menu bar at the top, no boxes on the side except for maybe a fly-out product category list or something for just category/product navigation.

I want all the rest of my ZenCart pages to look like this too, with the exception of turning on some of the boxes on the left side for links and shopping cart info and such. The body of all of the other pages is great.

I think I can use the EZ pages for adding the "About Us" and other special pages. So the Home page is my main problem.

To sum...

1.) I would like to have the image map on the home page body.
    2.) I would like some type of drop-down menu at the top of all pages.
    3.) I would like to replace the sideboxes, only on the home page, with a flyout menu or something for product category selection.

I hope that this is not too much stuff for one post. Go ahead and chew me out if you want. I can take it! I really need to get this shop online before my wife kills me!!

Thanks mucho!
    Voos

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can this be my ZenCart home page?

Have a look at the includes/templates/template_default/common/tpl_main_page.php file

There are several conditions outlined in the initial comments that you can mix match or alter to change the home page look and have other things on subsequent pages. You can view and possibly use some of the things for css per page that are outlined in css_read_me.txt file.
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

In that file, it says to create a directory as follows...

template/my_template/privacy/ and to put the tpl_main_page.php file there

My CUSTOM directories are named "wallet".

I'm confused. When I set up my overides, I created a directory templates/wallet/templates/ and have been storing my edited templates there.

Should I store the file in templates/wallet/templates/index/

or store it in templates/my_templates/index 'where my_templates is a new directory that I should create directly under 'templates'? Thanks.

Vood

Plugin Contributions

"my_template" or "your_template" or any similar name is intended as a placeholder for whatever you have named your custom template directory.

So you would put this as

/includes/templates/wallet/privacy/tpl_main_page.php.

Plugin Contributions

Ok awsome! I think I'm really messed up on something else.

When I uncomment the following in tpl_main_page.php....

* $flag_disable_left = true;<br />

Everything but my background goes away. What have I done now!!!

Vood

Plugin Contributions

That one is in the middle of a comment block. You need to end the comments before that line and restart them ( comment */ live code /* comment ), or else copy the code into the live PHP area below the comments:

$flag_disable_left = true;

Plugin Contributions

I did that but I used **/ before and /** after. I see that that was the problem. I told you...I'm really new (and a little slow too). Thanks very much.

By the way. Like your site. Do you make your own jewelry? Ever consider selling/making some Bahai symbols. They are becoming more and more popular these days. Nine pointed star is the main symbol. Very Cool!!! Later on!

Vood
    Last edited by Vood; 29 Sep 2007 at 08:52 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Before you get in too deep with tpl_main_page customizing, be sure to check out all the admin switches. You can turn off the right column globally there.

I think you will want the conditional disable for the left column, not just the blanket $flag_disable_left = true; statement.
    PHP Code:
    if ($this_is_home_page) {

$flag_disable_left true;

You can use define_main_page.php for your image map code, and /includes/templates/your_template/css/index_home.css for special home page styling (like disabling display of some elements there).

And there is at least one dropdown header menu mod in Downloads - check out what is available.

Plugin Contributions

That's great! Thanks again. I'm on my way out of the frying pan!!!

Vood

Plugin Contributions

I just about have everything set up the way I want, thanks to some really great people here.

I have copied my code from the imagemap on my other home page to the body of the define_main_page.php. For some reason, the image is not working. There is a place holder for the image, but no image.

I don't know how to link the image coordinates to the product category pages so that isn't done yet, but I figured that the image itself would at least appear. Can anyone please help with this?

Thanks,

Vood

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast