Plugin Contributions

Default Cross sell for 1.3.7

Hi,
    I have looked through the download section and there isn't a cross sell mod for 1.3.7, Does the older original one work?

Thanks
    Pete
    FORUM:
    # a public meeting or assembly for open discussion
    #An online discussion group, where participants with common interests can exchange open messages.
    # a public facility to meet for open discussion

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Cross sell for 1.3.7

You may want to look again. One of the cross sell add-ons is explicitly for 1.3.7 and better together has been updated for 1.3.7 as well.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

I don't think so, the ones that are for 1.3.7 say that they need the original cross sell mod installed and provide a link to an old mod. I will have another look though.
    Thanks
    Pete
    FORUM:
    #An online discussion group, where participants with common interests can exchange open messages.

Plugin Contributions

Also better together, unless I'm mistaken requires that you enter the product links into the actual code! not via admin etc.
    FORUM:

Plugin Contributions

Better Together sets out to achieve a specific objective, namely to replicate the Amazon approach to cross-selling whereby a when looking at a book, a second related book is always displayed with a discount for buying both. It does require adding the links into the code, though that's not as difficult as it sounds, but does make it more difficult to use than the other cross-sell combos.

Cross Sell is the granddaddy of this area and the rest require or work best if it is installed. It is 1.3.7 compatible even though it hasn't been updated for a while. It hasn't been updated because it hasn't needed to be. It's structure is compatible with the Zen Cart 1.3 series and it doesn't make change to core code (you tweak that to call it yourself in whatever version of Zen Cart you are using).

Cart Upsell / Cross Sell on the Shopping Page does exactly what it says - it makes the cross info (and the also purchased info built into core Zen Cart) available on the shopping cart page and not just the product info page where they are normally added. It is compatible with Zen Cart 1.3.7.

Cross Sell Advanced improves the Admin features for Cross Sell, allowing faster data entry, and is compatible with 1.3.7.

Cross Sell - Just Another Cross Sell Mod takes Cross Sell Advanced a stage further allowing multiple and bi-directional relationships to be set up at once. For some people this is too far and the current version (also compatible with 1.3.7) allows fast but more controlled input.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Kuroi, I'm sure that along with myself...many other users will find that explanation of the available cross sell mods very useful. I can now download and install with confidence.

Thanks
    Pete
    FORUM:

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

I'm adding a comment to this thread because I had the same problem as mediathing - i did not want to install cross sell because I did not thin it would be compatible with 1.3.7 - please somebody change the mod to say its compatible. I spent 15 mins searching to see if it was compatible or not.