Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: index.php redirects to zc_install/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonspearls View Post
    First thing I did was make a copy of the configure files so that the originals would remain unchanged. Dropped them into a separate folder like I did with the templates so I could find them easily. This is on my pc, and not online.

Second thing was to change the https server info, and set SSL to true. And that was all I did.

Uploaded the changed copies to the proper directories after changing file permission so I could do it. That's when the zc_install problem started.

Realized that I had totally forgotten about the path thing (changing /cart to /shop) ... my bad. Went and changed the paths, rinse and repeat the uploading.
    Um, how could this even be a problem if you started with the *real* configure.php files? Didn't they already contain the /shop references?
    Your continued problems suggest that you started with the wrong files in the first place.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Um, how could this even be a problem if you started with the *real* configure.php files? Didn't they already contain the /shop references?
    Your continued problems suggest that you started with the wrong files in the first place.
    Original files contained /cart and not /shop even though I set install into the /shop directory. I'm at Bluehost, and they have an install through Fantastico. Must have mucked up somewhere.

Guess I need to delete the cart and start over. <sigh> Since I have a backup of the data in the database, are there any tables I should not re-upload into the new database? I'm thinking not to upload the cache table. Not sure about anything else.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If you're going to start over, I suggest that you download the original Zen Cart files and do your own install, rather than the automated install through Fantastico.
    It's a little bit more work, but you'll have a better understanding of what's going on overall.

The cache table is a moot issue. The error message you saw related to it was only indicating that the cache table couldn't be located ... again, this suggests incorrect database details in your configure.php file.

For your re-install, you should backup your entire database, and restore it when done.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

I get the same error. It was working fine yesterday and today no more:

The requested URL /zencart/zc_install/index.php was not found on this server.

The URL to the shop is http://www.fourseasonsherbs.com.au/zencart/

My config.php reads as follows:

"
    define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://fourseasonsherbs.com.au');
    define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://fourseasonsherbs.com.au');

// Use secure webserver for checkout procedure?
    define('ENABLE_SSL', 'false');

// NOTE: be sure to leave the trailing '/' at the end of these lines if you make changes!
    // * DIR_WS_* = Webserver directories (virtual/URL)
    // these paths are relative to top of your webspace ... (ie: under the public_html or httpdocs folder)
    define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/zencart/');
    define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/zencart/');

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');
    define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');
    define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');
    define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');
    define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');
    define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');
    define('DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'pub/');
    define('DIR_WS_TEMPLATES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'templates/');

define('DIR_WS_PHPBB', '/');

// * DIR_FS_* = Filesystem directories (local/physical)
    //the following path is a COMPLETE path to your Zen Cart files. eg: /var/www/vhost/accountname/public_html/store/
    define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/fourseas/public_html/zencart/');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');
    define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/');
    define('DIR_WS_UPLOADS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'uploads/');
    define('DIR_FS_UPLOADS', DIR_FS_CATALOG . DIR_WS_UPLOADS);
    define('DIR_FS_EMAIL_TEMPLATES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'email/');
    "

There have been several posts of this error in the forum and all tell us to check our config.php. I have done this and appears to be correct.

Please note that the shop was working until today and NO CHANGES were made to the config.php file. Could someone help me with this, please?

Thanks,

Plugin Contributions

I've since worked it out - nothing to do with the contents of configure.php, but everything with its permissions. They had been reset to 0400. I've changed them to 0644 and all is working fine now.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123