Plugin Contributions

Default Moving to new domain - godaddy

Hello,

GoDaddy hosting provides the option of "installing" Zen Cart (v1.3.7 I believe). I've just used GoDaddy to install Zen Cart in a test folder and all is well. I saw the link in regards to how to move servers, but want to see if the following seems correct. I didn't touch any databases directly... just answered some quesions in a install process through GoDaddy (which would have created the database based on these aswers).

Does it seem logical that I could in essence "install" Zen cart to the final Destination using GoDaddy install, keeping the name of the subfolder where the store lives the same, and then pick up the move instructions from there.

Here is the link to the move instructions I'm reviewing.

It may also be possible, to follow the instructions perfectly... I just wanted to see if anyone had any experience with GoDaddy.

Thank you,

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Moving to new domain - godaddy

Please use the Search link above and look for godaddy- you should find a few threads with experiences on them.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The FAQ instructions outline concepts that apply similarly to all hosts. They should work fine for you.

You should probably get familiar with using the built-in installer at some point. You'll need to use it to do upgrades anyway. It's also more flexible in that it allows you to install to wherever you wish -- not bound by hosting-company auto-installer limitations.

Kim raises a good point -- there are some challenges with hosting on GoDaddy. Be sure to do your research to be certain you've selected the right place to host your business website.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hello, thanks for the replies. I signed up with GoDaddy before reading the negative comments on the forum... so hopefully I can get this to go. It is working as I intended in a test section with them, but I'm having trouble moving. Hopefully I did something silly and someone can easily diagnose.

I went through install of Zen Cart on new domain - test products available and seemed to work correclty.
    Downloaded everthing on existing domain
    Exported SQL db from existing domain

Uploaded all files, except the 2 configure.php files.
    But i'm getting stuck at the import of the database.

I know 0 sql, so again, hopefully this is an error that can be identified.

I know the username, password for the new database and login (phpmyadmin)

I select import and browse to file. I then receive the error:

MySQL said: Documentation
    #1044 - Access denied for user 'mew0727404200299'@'%' to database 'pis0725906151191'

To me... this seems that the new user "mew..." should be added to the old database, but GoDaddy only allows the username to exist once (which is why it is so long.

Any help would be appreciated. Next time, I'll build the database where it will live.

Plugin Contributions

Whoops... just searched my error and found the following thread in the forum...

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...ss+denied+user

I'll try this and post results.

Plugin Contributions

That was it. I'll search more going forward.
    Thank you.