Plugin Contributions

Default Easy way to edit header/top menu, footer menu, and sidebar menu?

I am totally new to zencart and I am having a heck of a time figuring out where to customize the menus. I have a lot of Joomla experience but zen is just confusing me. I'll break it down so hopefully my noob questions are easier to answer.

here is the site that I am working on: http://www.anthem-media.com/churchil...ain_page=index

1. Is there a navigation menu that can be enabled on the left-sidebar? (home, specials, products, etc, basically my top bar but on the side).

2. Can i replace my top bar with text instead of images of buttons? I also need to re-link them to different areas of the site, how do I do that?

3. Where can I change the text and their links in the footer?

4. For the additonal pages, where do you turn on links for those? I would like to make one of them an About Us page.

5. On the home page, under the welcome guest, I currently have a block of text. Would it be possible to replace this with a linked image?

If anyone can just get me pointed in the right direction on this stuff, I would be grateful! Thanks in advance.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Easy way to edit header/top menu, footer menu, and sidebar menu?

Nothing is likely to be easy in your case - you have a Template Monster template, and they are known for disabling standard Zen Cart functions and writing their own code to do only what the designer thinks it should do (and clumsily, too).
    Because they change so many things, it can be hard for us to advise based on ZC knowledge. There are known fixes for some of the TM messes.
    Do a search for Template Monster to see what is in store.

Plugin Contributions

1) Most of the header bar items are in the categories, information and more information sideboxes. Look in admin > Tools > Layout Boxes Controller.

2)Those buttons are hard-coded by TM, probably in /includes/templates/your_template/common/tpl_header.php.

3) Ditto; try tpl_footer.php.

4) Configuration > EZ-Pages Settings for the boxes/locations to display links; Tools > EZ-Pages to create new pages and their content.

5) Admin > Tools > Define Pages Editor > define_main_page.php.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks gjh42, and I do hate template monster, because their designers seem quite terrible most of the time (you should see their flash templates). Its good to know that the stuff is hard-coded though, that might make it a bit easier to find (though not likely).
    Its unfortunate that the sales people here... and the guy in charge, seem to love templatemonster, because I sure don't.

Plugin Contributions

gjh42, do you have a suggestion on another place that creates templates that are of higher quality than template monster and the like?

also... how do I edit my posts? the edit button is not appearing on the above posts of mine.

Plugin Contributions

Not really... it depends on what you mean by "higher quality" :)
    TM templates are some of the best looking available, but as you know their function leaves something to be desired. The templates in Downloads (visible in action at (sorry, site offline)) work, but are of uneven design quality - some quite interesting, some rather basic. There are some regular members who have template sites or templates available on their sites. I don't know anything about the quality of any other commercial templates.

You can only edit a post for 7 minutes. Annoying sometimes, I know - even 10 minutes would make a significant difference, but that's the way it is and it's not going to change.

Plugin Contributions

alright,
    so I am attempting to re-name the privacy page to something else... of course I can't actually find the text that goes into the page.
    I managed to find the /pages/ folder, although in the actual pages in there, it is also just calling more php. Can anyone tell me where I can edit the privacy page text?
    Although, once that is done, I still have to wrestle with attempting an edit upon the php files that I don't understand at all.

Plugin Contributions

Try admin > Tools > Define Pages Editor > define_privacy.php.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the quick reply!

pret auto