Since this seems to be it's own issue, I'm starting a concurrent thread with one I already have going regarding difficulty upgrading from 1.2 to 1.3.7.1

I have what seems to be a perfectly functioning zencart v1.2. My database seems to be v1.1.4 patch1.

I've created a new install of zencart 1.3.7.1 and have created a new database for it. My understanding is that after I've run the zencart installer, in order to upgrade my old database, I must drop the tables in the new database, import the old database then run ZC_install again in order to upgrade the database to the current schema. If that assumption is incorrect, maybe that helps to explaiin why I am having an impossible time getting it to work.

So based on what I've just described, when I get to the point where I am to upgrade the database, as soon as I attmept to upgrade I get the following error...

1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '(paypal_ipn p,zen_paypal_ipn_orders_memo pm LEFT JOIN zen_paypal_ipn_orders po O' at line 1
in:
[INSERT INTO zen_paypal (paypal_ipn_id, txn_type, reason_code, payment_type, payment_status, pending_reason, invoice, mc_currency, first_name, last_name, payer_business_name, address_name, address_street, address_city, address_state, address_zip, address_country, address_status, payer_email, payer_id, payer_status, payment_date, business, receiver_email, receiver_id, txn_id, num_cart_items, mc_gross, mc_fee, payment_gross, payment_fee, settle_amount, exchange_rate, notify_version, verify_sign, date_added, memo ) SELECT p.paypal_ipn_id, p.txn_type, p.reason_code, p.payment_type, p.payment_status, p.pending_reason, p.invoice, p.mc_currency, p.first_name, p.last_name, p.payer_business_name, p.address_name, p.address_street, p.address_city, p.address_state, p.address_zip, p.address_country, p.address_status, p.payer_email, p.payer_id, p.payer_status, p.payment_date, p.business, p.receiver_email, p.receiver_id, p.txn_id, po.num_cart_items, po.mc_gross, po.mc_fee, po.payment_gross, po.payment_fee, po.settle_amount, po.exchange_rate, p.notify_version, p.verify_sign, p.date_added, pm.memo FROM zen_(paypal_ipn p,zen_paypal_ipn_orders_memo pm LEFT JOIN zen_paypal_ipn_orders po ON p.paypal_ipn_id = po.paypal_ipn_id) WHERE p.paypal_ipn_id = pm.paypal_ipn_id;]

So what's the deal? My database works fine under v1.2 of Zencart but then the upgrade process fails and I'm left scratching my head.