Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: duplicate orders in authorize AIM

I think I found the answer.

In Configuration>Sessions

I needed to have Recreate Session to false.

Apparently for me, IE7 is getting errors with it set to true.

Seems to work so far.

Hope that helps someone in the future.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by pensive612 View Post
    I switched the cache method to file in my configure.php file.

I ran fix_cache_key.php to double check my settings. (files are being written there)

Works great on Firefox. But on IE. The 'confirm purchase' link takes them to an empty shopping cart!

i've tested it a 100 times. and switching back to db sessions is the only thing that affects it.
    Quote Originally Posted by pensive612 View Post
    I think I found the answer.

In Configuration>Sessions

I needed to have Recreate Session to false.

Apparently for me, IE7 is getting errors with it set to true.
    Those will be issues specific to your server.
    Indeed, disabling Recreate Session is dangerous, in that it allows visitors to your site to potentially hijack other customers' shopping sessions. However, some hosting companies configure their servers in such a way that turning off Recreate Session is the *only* way to make things operate at all. IMO they're foolish to do so, but as long as people keep paying them money to host there, the problems will perpetuate.

But, now we are digressing from the topic at hand.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Dr. Byte.

You are definitely right about not Recreating Sessions, and thanks for the advice. I've since switched back to db with Recreate Sessions enabled.

This was thanks to a great post from paulm about a 'submit once' fix he made. and so far, it seems to have fixed the problem.

Have you by any chance seen his fix? I wonder if it might be incorporated into the code later on?

Thanks again for your time.

Plugin Contributions

Howdy, all.

I'll just jump right into my question. Non-techy type here, but I've been doing my due-dilligence trying to read before posting.

Here's the scoop on why I'm jumping in.

I'm running version 1.3.7, and using authorize.net. I'm getting this infamous 1064 error, it seems when an apostrophe is used in the product title and/or when an apostrophe is in customers name or address.

I was unable to find my 'exact' error on the boards and since I'm a little trepid to just start attacking the issue without at least asking, thought I'd share the error and get some input/advice.

I created a test customer and forced the error by adding an apostrophe in the customer's name.

Here's what that yielded;

1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 's Cunningham [x_address] => 1234 Grandstand's Blvd. [x_city] => Nashvill' at line 1
    in:
    [insert into authorizenet (id, customer_id,order_id, response_code, response_text, authorization_type, transaction_id, sent, received, time, session_id) values

------
    The error went on longer, but I wasn't certain if that info was secure info for public showing.

Any guidance is greatly appreciated. Thanks a ton!
    Last edited by cleverpork; 13 Oct 2010 at 11:02 PM. Reason: mispelling
    Cris

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Upgrading to v1.3.9 will solve that problem.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Upgrading to v1.3.9 will solve that problem.
    Thanks for your response, DrByte! I really appreciate it. While this is the the best solution, with fall/Christmas being our biggest time of the year, I'm at a major crunch for time until early 2011. I did look into what it takes to upgrade and I fear that it may be a larger job than I have time (I have a few addons and have had a nice cron job built for the site. Don't want to mess those up during the holiday season).

In the meantime, is there a simpler solution to mend the apostrophe / 1064 issue (the one specific to my post above)? Then early 2011 I can begin the upgrade process.

Again, thanks for your time. I appreciate it.

Cris
    Cris

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Did you try the patch posted above?

I haven't looked at 1.3.7 in so long I forget what it looks like

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Did you try the patch posted above?

I haven't looked at 1.3.7 in so long I forget what it looks like
    Ha! Sorry, I'm outdated here. I really do need to upgrade and have been aware for some time.

I was a bit confused if the patch above was suitable to my issue so I didn't attempt it yet. It seems like it might be appropriate, but since there was some variation in the error messages compared to mine, I was reluctant to apply this patch.

Do you think, by looking at my above posting of the error that this is the patch for me?
    Cris

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I'd start with the patch, after making a backup of the file you've got currently.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12