Plugin Contributions

Default Free shipping setup

I'd like to offer discounted shipping in my store for orders $50 and over. I'd like to offer it as free shipping to US customers, and a discounted flat rate for Canadian customers.

I have the free shipping module set up and working properly for US orders. What is the best way to configure a discounted rate for Canadian shoppers? Right now I have teh flat rate option set for Canadian shoppers, but is there a way to only have it enabled/showing for orders $50 or greater? Is there a way I can edit the free shipping module to reflect free shipping for US, and a discounted rate for Canada?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Free shipping setup

Does anyone know how to do this? Is it possible?

Plugin Contributions

You would need to customize the shipping module and control the $this->enabled and set to false when not over 50.00 and set a zone on it for Canada ...

What do you want to happen to your regular shipping for under 50.00 for the US and for Canada?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I'm planning on using the USPS shipping module for regular orders, then the free shipping for orders $50+ to the US, and a reduced flat rate for orders $50+ to Canada. Basically, I'm just trying to figure out how to hide the reduced flat rate for orders that are under $50, since they don't qualify.

I'm still waiting to be moved to the production server for the USPS shipping. I have the free shipping to the US set up for $50+ orders, and I have the info I want enabled on the flat rate shipping. I'm just not sure which file and what exactly to edit to make it hidden for orders under $50 (the flat rate module, that is).

Plugin Contributions

In all of the shipping modules there is the $this->enabled and when false the module will not show, even if installed ...

You can customize the modules to work with the total or what have you, by controlling when that is set to false ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Example, in flat.php you have the code below where the zone is tested for:
    PHP Code:
            if ($check_flag == false) {

$this->enabled false;
            } 
    You can further customize that based on total ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Ok, just to make sure I'm "getting it"...

When I edit the code, I should be changing it to read:

enabled = false <50;

Is that right? I get *where* to edit it now, just want to be sure of how I should be writing it before I mess with it.

Thank you for all your help thus far!

Plugin Contributions

With the right syntax, that is the basic idea ... so when the total is < 50 then the $this->enabled should be set to false and then it will not show ...

As you are setting this after the zone is checked, you then test the total and if the total is < 50 you set it to false ... and then it will not show ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Ok, I guess I didn't get it after all. I edited the code, and it's still showing for orders under $50. Maybe I'm just adding in the wrong terms. I went and changed

if ($check_flag == false) {
    $this->enabled = false;
    to

if ($check_flag == false) {
    $this->enabled = false <50;

Plugin Contributions

Ok, what the heck??

Canada shipping it shows flat rate and USPS regardless of order total.

But now, US shipping is screwed up! It's not showing ANY shipping options for US, except local pickup.