Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Urgent!--Looking for Solution for FedEx Shipping Module with Zen Cart

I think they key here is not whether you can use the legacy module, the answer is, You cannot develop a new FedEx Legacy API module. All documentation for the old API module has been replaced by the web services application now available at fedex.com/us/developer. When developers call in and ask me for assistance and reveal that they are developing a module using tagged transactions, this automatically raises a red flag.

I then immediately assume that they are using outdated software which you can no longer develop into a working module if you don't already have a certified production meter and account that exists in that server database.

"THEY NO LONGER SUPPORT THE DEVELOPMENT OF THESE MODULES AND URGE CUSTOMERS TO HAVE THEIR DEVELOPER IMPLEMENT A WEB SERVICES SOLUTION TO AVOID MANY OF THE ISSUES THEY ARE EXPERIENCING AT THIS TIME" EXISTING MODULES LIKE THE ONES PROVIDED ON THIS SITE ARE STILL OK TO USE IF YOU REALLY NEED ONE RIGHT NOW THOUGH THEY ARE NOT RECOMMENDED BECAUSE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF UNDESIRED RESULTS.

They do support the web services api that has replaced the old legacy api documentation which was formerly available at fedex.com/developer. This documentation was replaced around November 2007.

Personally, when I ask the developer where they obtained the documentation they were using to code, they usually say they did an internet search and located it on another site, not the official FedEx website. The giveaway is usually that they are reading from the tagged API coding reference guide. If you are trying to develop an application with this reference, good luck, its not going to happen. You need to certify that software in order to use it once you have designed it and FedEx will not certify that type of software any longer.

With Web services, you can develop and implement any standard or advanced web service application free of charge, all you have to do is sign the EULA and make sure you agree to the terms and use of the software.

You can even create labels in test or production and will not be charged for domestic shipments unless you actually slap them on a package and have it delivered to its ultimate destination. Of course that will never happen with a test label anyway. You would call the support line 877.339.2774 "web services at prompt" to have that label and any other advance service certified to be able to use them in a production environment with production credentials.

You need a production meter to do this, the meter can be obtained at the same Developer Resource Center by clicking on Move to Production link. We then send the request up to our certification team via a case ticket. Once its in their hands, they communicate with the developer on how to proceed.

If you are using a third party application that is already approved for advanced services, all you do is provide the credentials and say i am using a third party CSP "Certified solutions provider" and provide the company and software name, once verified they will then turn on the advance service for you after they check the meter and make sure it was generated by that csp.

As far as all the legal stuff goes, all i know is you need to sign and return all the required documentation and agree to all the terms and conditions. I think you may be referring to a legal issue that arose when a customer took it upon himself to create a site that generated FedEx meter numbers for the legacy api. This is not allowed, that is why the meter registration request must be built into the application that was certified by FedEx.

(after re-reading your post about legal id like to add that when you develop code to work with FedEx, especially if you are planning on becoming a CSP, then I imagine you will need to go through a legal process, I do not know the details of that sort of implementation. I have seen CSP programs that have the web services application implemented and it takes a while for them to achieve this. I also know there is a waiting list for programs who wish to become CSP'S) In order to become a CSP im guessing you would have to click on the option when obtaining a production meter that says, do you plan on reselling this software.

These modules that ask you to put in your FedEx account number and meter number usually don't explain that if you don't have a meter number, leave the meter field blank. Usually it will generate one for you if the software was built do do so.

The other issue that arises is that they don't explain what is actually being sent to FedEx when they submit their account number. In order to obtain a meter, you run what is called a meter subscription request transaction which includes your account number, your address information which the address line must match are records exactly, meaning any abbreviations dashes etc must match what we show on the FedEx back-end systems, also a contact name and company name, phone number are required but don't necessarily have to match.

If you don't see address lines in the software, chances are it is pulling it directly from the address info you set up in the actual shopping cart interface itself. If billing doesn't match shipping address, no worries, set it that way just for the request then change it back once the module obtains the meter.

I know I'm going off on a tangent here because I'm doing a million things at once as I type this information. I will do my best to include more information when I have time.

Thanks for responding.
    Last edited by fedexguy; 8 Sep 2010 at 08:55 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Urgent!--Looking for Solution for FedEx Shipping Module with Zen Cart

Awesome stuff! That flex is well deserved.

Stickying this thread for the benefit of all. Would you be willing to answer additional questions if anyone has them?
    Frank Koehl
    "Cleverly Disguised as a Responsible Adult"

frankkoehl.com

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: FedEx Shipping Module with Zen Cart

Hi,

I installed CanadaPost shipping module and I get the product dimensions for it...however for Fedex they do not show up...
    Can someone please help me fix the problem? how come its not showing up?

Thank you

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: FedEx Shipping Module with Zen Cart

I don't understand. Are you saying the following module is no longer valid?

http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=367

Would this explain why the Express module doesn't work at at all? It seems to return rates properly in the return data, but the way the code is building the $rates variable, it will NEVER work based on my analysis of the code and return values.

For those of us who don't have copious amounts of time to decipher how to make a module based on the new "web services" or whatever, does that mean that Zen Cart and FedEx are not friends?

Figures since I have a client that insists on using FedEx this would be the case. Now what?

Plugin Contributions

Hi to all ,

i am using fed ex shipping method i got the fallowing error on the checkout shipping page in our site.

No Rates Returned, F01C : Recipient postal code and state/province do not match.

i am using zen cart 1.3.9 version

i use test account for the fed ex right now.

i put correct state & postal code but why i got error . can any one provide me the proper sol.

Regards
    Tom Ray

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Problem with FedEx Ground Module Weight Limit?

Hi,

I am using your fed ex shipping module of version 1.4.5.2. , it is working fine i am using test account right now , but there is a problem how to set the shipping charge in fed ex according to weight .

I am getting fed ex shipping module from

if you have any sol please provide me any solution.

Regards
    Tom Ray

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Problem with FedEx Ground Module Weight Limit?

Hi,

I am using your fed ex shipping module of version 1.4.5.2. , it is working fine i am using test account right now , but there is a problem how to set the shipping charge in fed ex according to weight .

pls mail me my mail id is marut0210######################

Regards
    Tom Ray

Plugin Contributions

Default fedex shipping method according to weight

Hi,

http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?main_page=product_contrib_info&cPath=40_51&products_id=367

pls mail me my mail id is marut0210######################

Regards
    Tom Ray

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123