Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default FedEx Shipping Module with Zen Cart

Our problem as we described it to FedEx:
    Hi, Friend,

We are currently trying to integrate FedEx shipping calculation into our ecommerce website which was developed using Zen Cart (version 1.3.7.1) shopping cart software

We installed a the zen cart FedEx Shipping Module (downloading here...http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=367) for tabulating shipping costs and used the account number and meter number provided below.

While testing we got the following errors:

Data sent to Fedex for Rating: 0,"25"10,"510087208"498,"1198150"8,""9,"638852"117,"SG"17,"987654"50,"SG"75,"LBS "1116,"I"1401,"13.0"1529,"1"1415,"0.01"68,"SGD"440,"Y"1273,"01"1333,"2"99,""
    Data returned from Fedex for Rating: 0,"125"2,"E520"3,"Common rating error (both Express and Ground)."99,""
    Data sent to Fedex for Rating: 0,"25"10,"510087208"498,"1198150"8,""9,"638852"117,"SG"17,"987654"50,"SG"75,"LBS "1116,"I"1401,"13.0"1529,"1"1415,"0.01"68,"SGD"440,"Y"1273,"01"1333,"2"99,""
    Data returned from Fedex for Rating: 0,"125"2,"E520"3,"Common rating error (both Express and Ground)."99,""

Could anyone from your side provide some insight as to what’s causing the above error message?

As an alternative to this third party module mentioned above, are there any other solutions you are aware of for zen cart ecommerce websites interested in providing FedEx Shipping as an option?

Thanks...
    Asia Marine Hub Singapore

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Urgent!--Looking for Solution for FedEx Shipping Module with Zen Cart

Where are you trying to send to and from?
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Urgent!--Looking for Solution for FedEx Shipping Module with Zen Cart

Hi Kim,

Thanks for the reply, I was about to request the mods to delete this post so I can repost a new one because it was very confusing (cut and pasted from an actual email addressed to FedEx).

Anyway, to your question:

->Where are you trying to send to and from?

From the store's location (Singapore) to another test address in Singapore.

Just to clarify: we are using Merlin's FedEx shipping module.

Plugin Contributions

turn OFF the debug for a minute,

does it hang? make sure that you have cURL setup
    Zen cart PCI compliant Hosting

Plugin Contributions

Hi Tim,

The debug mode is already set to "false".

I'm pretty new to all this, so sorry if I may inadvertently ask stupid questions or seem to have done something dumb, but -

could I verify if the fact that I'm using a developer test account from http://www.fedex.com/us/developer/ has anything to do with the error messages being generated?

also, which server to use setting is set to: test . does this also have anything to do with it?

I also seem to read somewhere on the forum that cURL settings could/should be left alone, unless the website is hosted with godaddy - we are hosting with hostmonster.

Not sure what else I might have done wrong somewhere.

Appreciate any further help.

Plugin Contributions

Not all servers are compiled with cURL,
    use teh production there is no sense to use the test,
    make sure that you have a LIVE fedex account number,
    the module will get its meter number the first time that you use it,

and if your seeing that junk at the top of the page then debug is still turned on in the fedex module

Tony

Plugin Contributions

Sorry for the name mixup, Tony.

Regarding this issue, I got an email from FedEx in response to my email and they told me:

Please be aware that the Zen Cart commerce module must be specifically related to the FedEx Web Services and not to the FedEx API’s. The only module we know of is API based and this technology is no longer accepting new customers.

If you are looking for the other modules which are compatible with Zen Cart and our new Web Services then you will need to check with the Zen Cart community to see if they have developed a Web Services alternative.

Regards
    Web Services Support.
    So....a question I have is this....is the FedEx module API based? and if it is...would that mean that the module will no longer work for new zen cart website owners wanting to use FedEx Shipping?

Plugin Contributions

yes its api based,

Plugin Contributions

I've tried everything I could think of - using an actual Fedex account id; registering for fedex shipping online with this id; moving a web services account to production, and much to my frustration, I still can't seem to get the rates displaying.

I keep getting the following errors while at the checkout page:

No Rates Returned, E520 : Common rating error (both Express and Ground).

My settings for FedEx Express module are as follows:

Enable Fedex Shipping
    True
    Your Fedex Account Number
    315XXXXXX
    Your Fedex Meter ID
    NONE
    cURL Path
    NONE
    cURL Proxy
    NONE
    Debug Mode
    False
    Weight Units
    LBS
    Which server to use
    production
    First line of street address
    XXXXXXX Ave 18, XXXXXXX
    Second line of street address
    NONE
    City name
    Singapore
    State or Province name
    NONE
    Postal code
    638XXX
    Phone number
    686XXXXX
    Drop off type
    Fedex fixed surcharge?
    Fedex variable surcharge?
    Show List Rates?
    False
    Insurance?
    NONE
    Residential surcharge?
    Enable Envelope Rates?
    False
    Sort rates:
    High to Low
    Timeout in Seconds
    NONE
    Tax Class
    --none--
    Shipping Zone
    --none--
    Sort Order
    Currency Code
    SGD

Can anyone help me out here? I just can't for the life of me figure out why it refuses to work.

The only thing I can think of is that I am somehow registering for the wrong fedex account with fedex.com or have missed out some crucial approval process with fedex. But as I mentioned, I did try out with an actual FedEx Account...

Also I checked with the host provider: they said cURL is already setup, and they do not allow cURL proxy.

appreciate any help...

Plugin Contributions

Please note you already have your answer

The only module we know of is API based and this technology is no longer accepting new customers.

looks like someone is going to have to get with fedex and fet the information to do a totally new module

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast