Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default removing languages and currencies from header

whats the variable i need to search for to make the languages and currencies not show in the header ?

I search for this in the developers tool kit as well correct?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: removing languages and currencies from header

kevnj,

This looks alot like a Template Monster template as these ae not in the header by default.

Search this forum for template monster and unfortunately you will have to contact them as we do not know what coding they have used for this
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

I'm helping a friend sort through some Template Monster stuff.. (I told her the risks of using their templates, but she was willing to accept the risks.. We're working with their customer support to work through the issues I'm idetifying)

I just asked a similar question of them.. You should contact Template Monster to confirm this for your template, but they typically hard code this stuff into the /your-template-name/common/tpl_header.php file. I found that when I mention in my ticket that their coding works outside default ZenCart behavior that I get a better response.. (Template Monster KNOWS this is true..)

If you open a support ticket, you should ask them to send you a replacement file. I have done this and they have been very good about it..

Plugin Contributions

For those that might want to have a look at the code and try to fix it yourself, there's a useful Firefox add-on called "Firebug" that will allow you to hover over the parts of the page and see exactly what code is being used there.

Google "firebug" tool and install it - you'll find it very useful in many different web design projects!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jackie.taferner View Post
    For those that might want to have a look at the code and try to fix it yourself, there's a useful Firefox add-on called "Firebug" that will allow you to hover over the parts of the page and see exactly what code is being used there.

Google "firebug" tool and install it - you'll find it very useful in many different web design projects!
    As great a tool as Firebug is, unfortunately it does not always identify which file TM has stuck some of their crap code in, and SOMETIMES they (TM) actually create new files for their crap code, and Firebug will likely not identify that.. Hence why both kobra & I both suggested taking TM template issues back to TM to fix..

Besides.. IMO most folks who buy TM templates are generally NOT DIYers so Firebug may not be of much help for that reason as well.. Plus TM makes certain guarantees and promises with regards to their templates that TMs customers are entitled to (and should) hold TMs feet to the fire for.. (eg: I could have fixed my client's template, but frankly she paid for a turnkey template, and TM --not me-- needed to give her what she paid for..)
    Last edited by DivaVocals; 13 Aug 2009 at 10:42 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DivaVocals View Post
    As great a tool as Firebug is, unfortunately it does not always identify which file TM has stuck some of their crap code in, and SOMETIMES they (TM) actually create new files for their crap code, and Firebug will likely not identify that.. Hence why both kobra & I both suggested taking TM template issues back to TM to fix..
    I totally agree TM should be held fully responsible for fixing the template. Unfortunately, I've been stuck in the position where TM says they'll fix the problem within 24 hours, but the client needs the site to be done, like, yesterday! So if anyone's in a pinch it should be helpful.

I like to use Firebug to determine the block of code, then use Zen Cart's handy "Developer Tools" to search for that given term, which will tell me exactly what file that code is in ;)

Plugin Contributions

Hi Zenners,

For anyone else looking for answers to this question you can comment out the sections that you do not want in the includes/templates/your_template/common/tpl_header.php file.

You can also use a combination of #element_id { display: none;}
    in the appropriate css file.

Best advice is to go to the trusty zen cart forums!

MC

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mcarbone View Post
    Hi Zenners,

For anyone else looking for answers to this question you can comment out the sections that you do not want in the includes/templates/your_template/common/tpl_header.php file.

You can also use a combination of #element_id { display: none;}
    in the appropriate css file.

Best advice is to go to the trusty zen cart forums!

MC
    If you are referring to the original question (which is two years old BTW..) since the OP was working with a Template Monster template, it is MORE possible that what he needed to comment out may not be in the tpl_header.php file.. Template Monster OFTEN creates "extra" crap with their templates that is outside of the Zen norm..

Plugin Contributions

Sorry...I should have said this is what I did with Zen v1.3.8.

Thanks,

MC

Plugin Contributions

It is my experience that Template Monster creates beautiful templates and they have provided me with superb support each and every time. I do not have problems with them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast