Plugin Contributions

Default Customers access rights and categories

Dear all ,
    I successfully install my own shop based on Zen-cart ..... and I wonder if requirements below can be done with Zencart:

1-Employees (of the companies for which I deliver stuff ) must be able to log in with user name and password
    2-Customers should be able to order
    3-Employees of my customers with high business positions should be able to login to check what the employees under them have ordered, and it is not intended that they have access to all admin menus of the web!
    4-If an item ordered, an email sould be sent to the buyer and to me to continue to proceeed with the orders .
    5-Certain catigories should only be accessible for certain customers ONLY , every customer has access to his own collection.

are there modules available for these requirments?
    Regards,
    Eitje

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Customers access rights and categories

Anything is possible - it jsut depends on the amount of time you want to invest in learning PHP, your experience or your budget......

To answer each point:
    1 - Employees - I would just use standard users on the store side. Alternatively, you can add further email addresses to another database table, and then modify the standard login function to allow these mebers to sign in. You could then limit the account if they login with these details so that they can't add to cart or checkout if you needed.

2 - This is standard Zen.

3 - If this was my store, I would create groups. Group 1 = Acme Builders. Group 2 = ACME Electonics etc. Then setup customers and if they are a part of a big business, assign them to the group. You could then assign a main account to a group, and if you login to the store side, I would create a new ADMIN page so that the user can view all the orders. DO NOT LET THEM ACCESS THE MAIN ADMIN pages. This will cause more problems then it will solve, with the security.

4 - This would require a small edit to the ORDERS class, where you would tehn look up the main GROUP email address as mentioned in point 3 above.

5 - This would be possible, however you need to consider that it isn't the category you actually want to restrict, but the PRODUCTS. For example, if you restrict all products in the PET CARE category, your customers could still order these products using the search results, and ordering from there.

Available modules - no, not really. The points you require are a little beyond a simple plug-in modification, so they are less likely to be packaged up ready to install.

Good luck,

Absolute