Plugin Contributions

help question define pages editor..error

Hello
    I am brand new to zencart and doing alot of reading,
    I am trying to use the define editor to atleast rewrite the contact us portion of my store, when i call this file to edit it tells me
    Error: I can not write to this file. Please set the right user permissions on: /home/emeralds/public_html/commerce/includes/languages/english/html_includes/classic/define_contact_us.php
    now if i understand this correctly i wnet to that place and my permissions are set to 644
    am i missing something here, i am signed in to zencart as admin but am signed into my webhost as another id, also i have 1 database set up and the user for it is diff than the name i use for zencart login
    totally confused at this point
    any help???

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: define pages editor..error

Quote Originally Posted by cynthia_haide View Post
    Error: I can not write to this file. Please set the right user permissions on: /home/emeralds/public_html/commerce/includes/languages/english/html_includes/classic/define_contact_us.php
    now if i understand this correctly i wnet to that place and my permissions are set to 644
    If you want to be able to edit the files via the Admin console, you'll need to set those files to 777 instead of 644.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

ty, i can do that permission thing easily, however i still have a minor problem
    when i rewrite my /custon/define_contact_us the one from classic still shows... it seems all my define_us are coming from other thatn my custom directory(template used as step by steep instructions) as to not mess with core files??

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

It's selecting 'classic' because 'classic' is the active template. Admin->Tools->Template Select

Keep in mind if the file doesn't exist in the first place, you won't be able to edit it, let alone display it.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

hi ty but i have my custom template loaded and most of my pages are drawing from it...