Plugin Contributions

Default Bwahahaha How do I get ez-pages to work?

OK, hopefully my mood of despair in the topic will summon quick help

My 1st post here, of 500 posts that soon will follow.

I used template-monster for a client's design template on their site and would like to create custom html pages (about us, contact us, etc). I figured it's the ez-pages that will do it, somehow. I found endless threads on why ez-pages are great, how they work and what to do with them....but I cannot for the life of me find a simple tutorial on how to add them to your site.

Could someone point me to a thread or link for "lowest common denominator" users - like me - with a step-by-step explanation on what to do? Just so you know I've got so far as finding the ez-page section in admin, with a bunch of on-off buttons and an edit funcion for each new ez-page. Now what?

Thanks in advance, I'm sure once I start to crawl I will soon be running.
    Last edited by hodgejr; 7 Oct 2007 at 03:38 AM. Reason: I can't edit the typo in my subject line, it's e-z pages obviously

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Bwahahaha How do I get ez-pages to work?

It's pretty simple really.

To create a new page, click on the New File button.

On the resulting page, enter a page title (About Us, etc). You then have some radio button choices:

Open New Window: yes/no. Yes will open the page in a new window (pretty obvious). No will open the page in the existing window.

Page is SSL: if there's going to be info on the page that needs to be secure, click yes, otherwise no.

There's a paragraph after the Header/Footer/Sidebox/Chapter TOC which kinda explains what those are about. If you're just doing a "regular" page you can ignore 'em.

Put the page body in the HTML Content area

OR

if you'd rather that this EZ page forward to an existing page on your Zen site, enter the appropriate portion of the page address in the slot for Internal Link URL. (this is essentially used to make URLs easier to read and remember)

OR

if you'd rather that this EZ page forward to an existing page that is not part of the Zen site (ie, a separate html page which is part of the same domain, or a page on a different server) enter the FULL URL in the slot for External Link URL.

Click Insert.

You'll then see that page added to the list of EZ pages.

The URL for the page will be

yourdomain.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=1

where the ID number at the end is the ID number in the list of EZ pages.

Hope that helps.

Plugin Contributions

Unfortunately - you may have to add the code back in to the templates for the menus to show ... TM is famous for removing stock functionality
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Oh, and by the way, you already have a Contact Us page at

yourdomain.com/index.php?main_page=contact_us

You can edit it under Tools=>Define Pages Editor.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks a bunch guys! I really do appreciate it, considering that you've probably answered my Q 1000s of times before for others.

OK, moving along...

I specifically want to do away with the current FAQ page. First of all I don't know how to reach the current one in the control panel (it's not under define pages, nor on my desktop files). So, I'll create my own and have the current link go to my faq ez-page. I copied the current faq link into "internal link" box and got this error message:

Error: you have defined multiple settings when only one may be defined per Link ...
    Only define either: HTML Content -or- Internal Link URL -or- External Link URL

Oh, and here's the website, by the way, real quick n dirty, stock template monster (I swear I can do a better design than this! )

http://www.benedictbaskets.com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by hodgejr View Post
    I specifically want to do away with the current FAQ page. First of all I don't know how to reach the current one in the control panel (it's not under define pages, nor on my desktop files). So, I'll create my own and have the current link go to my faq ez-page. I copied the current faq link into "internal link" box and got this error message:

Looks like they put it in "page 2" under Define Pages Editor. I'd just go ahead and use that rather than reinventing wheels (and fixing links, etc).
    Member since 4/05.

Plugin Contributions

Awesome, I created two pages using EZ-pages so far (FAQ, delivery terms), I know there's so much more to the system (I have no clue what a "table of contents is, for example) but as long as I can put something together that works I'm fine with it.

Tchau!

Plugin Contributions

thanks a lot my friends. i was searching it last 2 months but cud get any appropriate solutions. u guys gave nice solutions.....

thanks again...
    god bless u