Plugin Contributions

Default // generate footer details for "also-send-to" emails

Could someone tell me what this section (in includes/functions/functions_email) does:

// generate footer details for "also-send-to" emails

I'm trying to coordinate to look of my emails, but I can't figure out if this is something I need to bother with (is it internal email only?) None of the test emails I have generated has this "also-send-to" footer in it--so far as I can tell.

If I don't have to change it, I won't because it would mean editing the stylesheet section of every email template (and possibly updating them manually with each upgrade).

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: // generate footer details for "also-send-to" emails

One other thing... For some reason all my "contact us" email is coming in plain text format. I have admin>configuration>E-Mail Options>Email Admin Format set to HTML. Is that not the only/right switch for that?

Plugin Contributions

When a customer orders something from your site, a copy of the order confirmation email is normally sent to an admin or similar person to alert them that an order has been placed.
    And similarly for new accounts, order status changes, gift vouchers, tell a friend emails etc. i.e. most shop activity.

These 'admin' emails contain additional information over and above the customer or direct recipients copy, and that is what is generated in that footer.

On the 'contact us' side, the email routines always default to text emails as the 'safest' format, unless a customer has selected HTML. In this case, the 'contact us' email address is probably neither a customer nor the administrator address, so it drops back to text emails.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks. It sounds like I have it set up correctly.

Plugin Contributions

Default A further "Contact Us" question

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckl View Post
    On the 'contact us' side, the email routines always default to text emails as the 'safest' format, unless a customer has selected HTML. In this case, the 'contact us' email address is probably neither a customer nor the administrator address, so it drops back to text emails.
    It turns out that even when someone is logged in and has opted for HTML emails, the contact us emails still come to me in text only form. I have been doing quite a bit of testing, and--no matter how I try it--I can't get it to send the emails in HTML format. By itself, that is no big deal, but it does make me wonder if I have some other problem that is causing ZC not to send HTML emails.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

The contact us is NOT supposed to be HTML, ever.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Oh. That would explain it.

But why is there a template (email/email_template_contact_us.html)?

Plugin Contributions

Kim,

Thanks for explaining about the contact us email. I feel better knowing that it is working as it is supposed to.

I hope my last question didn't make me sound like a smart-. I really am curious, though. Is the template for future development or something?