Plugin Contributions

Default Runtime error: Line 12 and Line 45 when logging into Admin

Hi there,

Just changed onto a Linux server, did a complete new install of Zencart and when I login to Admin I get a Runtime error on lines 12 and 45. I run the debugger to see if I could understand what was wrong, but I haven't got a clue!! I am new to php ... I think it has something to do with javascript and menus which would make sense as the menu bar is not showing on the page.

Please can anyone help me!

I can't seem to continue into admin as when I click ok on the error message another just pops up.

Denise

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Runtime error: Line 12 and Line 45 when logging into Admin

Hi,

Reported the issue to my website host, who replied they could find nothing wrong and now I can mysteriously login and see the Admin page..

however the menu bar along the top is missing and all the options are listed down the side of the page. This is making it very hard to set my options.

Can anyone help me get this menu working!

I like these smilies he.. he .. hee

Plugin Contributions

'Runtime error on lines 12 and 45' sounds like a Bob Dylan song.

It also sounds like an Internet Explorer message rather than anything that can be used to establish what is wrong on your website

Turn off the script debugginh and notifications.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822521

Plugin Contributions

Hi Chuck

Thanks!! I have just realised that is what I must have done (switched off the debugging)

Which means I can now actually see the page but, still have the menu bar missing ... I have noticed that when I read the script for the error it relates to the menu bar. Can anyone help

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Clear your browser cache and cookies.
    Close the browser.
    Restart it.

If that doesn't solve it, check to be sure that all the .js files in the admin area (or *all* files for that matter) are complete and not corrupted. You may need to re-upload busted files. One way to find out what files aren't right is to compare their contents. One process for doing this is outlined here: http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...Obscure_Issues

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Dr Byte,

Tried what you said and could find nothing wrong. But I do love the program WinMerge.. Thankyou!

I spoke to my server host, who told me that I was trying to use custom .htaccess files which apparently I cannot do. So they told me to rename the files.

I did .. Et Voila .. Everthing is working fine!

renamed the .ht access in /includes and /admin/includes

Many thanks to everyone who helped me..

regards

Denise

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Harpers View Post
    I spoke to my server host, who told me that I was trying to use custom .htaccess files which apparently I cannot do. So they told me to rename the files.

I did .. Et Voila .. Everthing is working fine!

renamed the .ht access in /includes and /admin/includes
    You should ask them what alternate approach should be used to accomplish the same security benefits those custom files are providing.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.