Plugin Contributions

Default Inserting data into the products_description table with phpMyAdmin

I did a site for a customer awhile back and when we did their site the product URL's were left blank. Now they want to export their data to be used on Google Base (a.k.a froogle) and individual url's are a requirement.

I was able to extract the data using easy populate advance and then manipulate the data in excel. Now I want to put the data into the product_url column in the products_description table with phpMyAdmin if I can. For data safety reasos I have deleted all other columns in the excel text file to prevent overwriting any live data.

Another concern I have is when I look at this table through phpMyAdmin, the products do not show up in id order. I want to also be sure that the right url's end up with the right products.

tia...

0be1
    "Give me one hundred preachers who fear nothing but sin and desire nothing but God, and I care not whether they be clergymen or laymen, they alone will shake the gates of Hell and set up the kingdom of Heaven upon Earth." - John Wesley

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Inserting data into the products_description table with phpMyAdmin

Problem has been solved :o) Always better to use Open Office or some other non related Microsoft product to do delimited file edits.

0be1
    "Give me one hundred preachers who fear nothing but sin and desire nothing but God, and I care not whether they be clergymen or laymen, they alone will shake the gates of Hell and set up the kingdom of Heaven upon Earth." - John Wesley