Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default How do I allow guest to checkout without making them create an account?

Hi, Im trying to make the process of checking out short and simple but I cannot figure out how to get around the process of creating an account in order to checkout. I understand some buyers do not want to become a member, or atleast not at the point and time when they are trying to buy something so could anyone please tell me how I can fix this so they can check out simple and fast without creating an account??? all help is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How do I allow guest to checkout without making them create an account?

use paypal express
    Zen cart PCI compliant Hosting

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How do I allow guest to checkout without making them create an account?

I do not accept paypal. I Just need to know how I can make signing up for an account optional and not mandatory so the checkout could be easier for guest

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Zen Cart doesn't currently have a built-in ability for checkout-without-an-account.

There are oodles of forum discussions on different ways various folks have attempted to do this for themselves. You might find a search on the topic to be interesting reading.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I read in the free 20 steps to make money from zencart book (i think thats what it was called) and this is what it says:
    To bypass the "Create Account Success” page and take the user directly to the "Shipping
    Information" step, do the following:
    On older versions of Zen
    Opening up the following file (includes/modules/pages/create_account/header.php) and alter
    as follows:
    Find this line:
    zen_redirect(zen_href_link(FILENAME_CREATE_ACCOUNT_SUCCESS, '', 'SSL'));
    And change to:
    zen_redirect(zen_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL'));
    On newer versions (1.3.x +)
    The same step are followed as above, however the file you will make the changes to is found in
    includes/modules/create_account.php

the thing is, I dont know where includes/modules/create_account.php is located...Is it in cpanel or admin options??

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

That's only to bypass the "success" page which confirms that the customer has created an account.

Is that really what you were asking for?

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

In the ebook its a part talking about making the creating an account during checkout time optional and thats what I want to do.
    Here is some of the things it said that was changed about the standard checkout process.

Visitor vs. Members cart
    Removed completely
    New Customer? Please Provide your Billing
    Information. was changed to New Customer? Please Start your Checkout
    Here.
    “Create a login profile with …” “ changed to Enter your billing information as it appears on
    your Credit Card Statement.”
    “Login Details” Changed to “Create a Password (needed to
    track your packages)”
    Newsletter and Email details Email Preferences
    “Submit” button Changed to “Continue”

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

What's listed there appears to be wording suggestions to make it less obvious that an account is being created. In the end, an account *is* always created. Even with PayPal Express Checkout.

Sorry. As I said, account-optional is not presently a built-in feature of Zen Cart.
    You can work on rewording things so it doesn't "sound like" your customer is creating an account, or you can try out one of the various unofficial approaches discussed in other forum threads or the contributions in the downloads area. Use any/all of them at your own risk.

Features akin to checkout-without-account will be built-in to a future version of Zen Cart as per the posted development roadmap. For now, you'll have to do custom coding yourself as I just indicated.

Perhaps the "similar threads" links at the bottom of this page may be interesting to you.

Plugin Contributions

Ok so how do I go about rewording those options? thanks for all the help

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by deals_24 View Post
    Ok so how do I go about rewording those options? thanks for all the help
    You mentioned some discussion in the ebook as being some recommended wording changes.

Here's a guide to finding the files that contain the wording you want to change:
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=38
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=39
    When editing the files, it would be prudent to save the changes as "overrides" -- as part of your own customized template components.

Here's some useful reading on setting up your custom template/language files:
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=232
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=142
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=143
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=36
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=230

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast