Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Customize purchase confirmation page for digital goods DRM license delivery?

Hello!

I would like to set up my ZC to work with digital download of WMV files that are DRM protected; the drm license delivery will be handled by a 3rd party - www.vidlock.com.

I was wondering if ZC users have successfully got this combination working, for selling downloadable WMV files with DRM, and using the Vidlock service for handling of the DRM licenses.

It would entail generating a custom section on the purchase confirmation page after payment is received, where the button to download the DRM license is included, as well as a link to the downloadable file. And the source code and locations these point to must be hidden from the user.

In my search on this, one user suggested just making the downloadable file 2 downloads, the other being an html file with the license button and link to the file, but that isn't secure at all. Giving the user the html code for license delivery means they could renew the license anytime they liked, or share the license delivery code with others.

Also, the license (and code for the button) is unique for each file, so the PHP code must first look at which file(s) was purchased, then generate code for the license button/file link unique to that file.

I understand HTML fine, but I'm not an advanced programmer, so if anyone can be of help with this, I would sincerely appreciate it!

Patrick

ps - here is a sample of the code used to generate the button the user clicks to pre-load the DRM license onto his machine. This code is typically put on the purchase confirmation page, and after the license is loaded, the user is taken to a link (must be hidden) to download the file.

<form method="post" action="http://www.vidlock.com/deliver_adv_license.aspx">
    <input type="hidden" name="id" value="7xxxx">
    <input type="hidden" name="num_plays" value="1">
    <input type="hidden" name="duration" value="1">
    <input type="hidden" name="burn_count" value="3">
    <input type="hidden" name="transfer_count" value="2">
    <input type="hidden" name="url" value="http://www.server.com/file.wmv">
    <input type="hidden" name="key_id" value="zwFyEJrm8ki0xxxxxxxxxx==">
    <input type="submit" value="Pre-Deliver License" />
    </form>

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Customize purchase confirmation page for digital goods DRM license delivery?

Let me state up front I have no idea what you're talking about. *LOL* I sell digital downloads on my site, but just let them download the .zip file.

Do you simply need a static button on the page, or do you have to pass a transaction code as well? IF just a static button (probably not the right term), you might be able to add that code to the checkout confirmation page. IF all your products use that same format and you don't have mixed products in there (like shippables, etc.).

And of course, that's working with the built-in system of them downloading the file from their account. You could limit how many times they can download the file.

However, if you have to link a transaction code to the pass through for the license, you'd almost need something kind of like how PayPal IPN works with ZC. And since I'm not a programmer, that's way beyond my level of expertise.

I hope this helps at least a little!
    Lesli in SW Florida ~ writer, teacher, and dodging hurricanes!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Customize purchase confirmation page for digital goods DRM license delivery?

That's how I have done it.

Added a link to the downloads page to the DRM license... and added instructions on the same page telling the customer to download the vidoeos then click to get the video license.

~Roland

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: Customize purchase confirmation page for digital goods DRM license delivery?

Hi Roland and madmumbler,

First, thanks for the replies and help! This site and everyone helping each other to use this great free software is so cool. Second--mm--where in SW FLA are you? I live in Port Charlotte! :) But actually, I am a Detroit boy, moved to FLA to be closer to folks, and NOW I am living in Ukraine - long story but my beautiful fiancee' is here, and I fell in love with not just her but the culture here. So I split my time between FL and Ukraine.

Anyway, I want to do pretty much what Roland did. I have high-def WMV files that I want to sell, and protect them from copying using DRM (digital rights management). I found what looks to be a good 3rd-party provider of the DRM licensing, www.vidlock.com. They give you an account and way to encode/protect each file, then you have code that generates a button for the customer to install the license on their PC after purchase. You can give a general license for all videos (like on a subscription site where they must pay a monthly fee, the license expires after 30 days, for example) or a license for each video. I want to go the each video route, I think.

But on my site, I plan to be selling well over 200 videos, all in super HD video quality - quality so good that an unscrupulous person could copy, then even crop and re-encode the files at a lower resolution, and still have great-looking video to sell. So I plan to protect each video with its own license, and probably have that license expire after a certain time (90 days? 180? dont know yet) and offer renewal of the license to that customer for a very small fee. This protects it if the files somehow got on another site.

So what I need to do is have code that searches the order confirmation page for each video, then adds the proper button/license link for that video. So if they order video H1, J4, I9, for example, then on their order conf will also be buttons to d/l three different licenses for those videos.

In my search here, I found one person looking to do the same thing, I have contacted him and he very kindly replied that he will try and help and find the code he made for this. Below is the text of his original post here last year when he was working on it.

Again thanks, I will keep you updated, and if/when I get this working I will gladly share how to do it with anyone who needs the same kind of functionality in their cart.

Best,

Patrick

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hey there...

I just wanted to bounce some ideas back and forth... let me tell you what i need to do, and if somebody could please tell me whether I'm on the right track or not...

I need to add some conditional pieces of code to the zen cart...

scenario:
    somebody purchases a specific piece of software, which is available for download. I check whether this is the specified one and, if yes, run three different pieces of code: some PHP, some Javascript and some HTML stuff which triggers the Javascript.
    All that is responsible for delivering a license to the computer of the client (some DRM stuff - kinda jucky, but my client has his mind set <_< )...

so my strategy was going to be as follows:

The two "places" where the code has to appear are
    checkout_success
    account_history
    lets work with checkout_success:
    as far as i understand that page gets assembled through:
    /templates/mytmpl/common/tpl_header.php
    modules/checkout_success/header_php.php
    tpl_checkout_success_default.php
    in the header_php.php I have to check whether my specific product X is in $products_array
    if yes, then I set something like
    Code:
    $deliver_license = true;and run the PHP.

Next step, in /templates/mytmpl/common/tpl_header.php I add the Javascript portion

And finally in tpl_checkout_success_default.php I add the HTML part to the script (which displays the link only once the license has been delivered.

The same procedure would apply to the account_history part.

Oh, and ideally - to make any further addon's of products more easy - I actually centralize the search condition and the code which gets inserted.

So, does this sound like plan, or what?
    Ha, but like a good one??

And, where would be a good place to add the centralized cdoe, also considering future zen-cart upgrades...

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated...

Anurag
    ##############################___
    Anuragji

Why not?

Anuragji

27th April 2006, 06:35 PM #2
    Anuragji

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I take the silence as a yes... ;)
    Anuragji

Why not?

Anuragji

6th May 2006, 08:29 AM #3
    DrByte

Quote:
    Next step, in /templates/mytmpl/common/tpl_header.php I add the Javascript portion
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I would suggest you do this via a PHP file located at:
    includes/modules/pages/checkout_success/jscript_drm.php
    This will cause the PHP here to get loaded in the header only on this page. If you build in PHP intelligence around the jscript that you intend to output, you can prevent it from using it if conditions aren't met.

Otherwise your approach sounds logical.

DrByte

6th May 2006, 03:16 PM #4
    Anuragji

Thats a good one...

For now I added it to checkout_success/headers_php.php

And another file I needed also to add code to modules/downloads.php

thanks for the info...

aji
    Anuragji

Why not?

Plugin Contributions

I FIGURED IT OUT!!!

Well, almost completely...

Not with the elegant auto php script that the other user mentioned, if I can come up with that code I'd be happy to implement that solution.

But I did figure out a secure, albeit slightly clunky, way to do it. But first I have an urgent question, posted in a separate thread:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77810

Thanks, let me know if you have any other input on this, and I am still interested in the php route as well - the drawback in this scenario is I have to make a custom license html file for each video, upload it to the server, then go in attributes for each product and specify the video file AND the license file.

Cheers,
    Patrick