Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: new staticlist shipping module

Thank you, rriehle!
    Our zencart is still 1.3.7 so I have never tried the latest one. Do you know if the version 1.0 works on 1.3.8? Maybe it is time to update our zencart though...

Again, thank you for your post!

Plugin Contributions

I've had the module working on ZC v1.3.7 and v1.3.8a. Others have it working on v1.3.6. Glad to be able to help. -- Rick

Plugin Contributions

Well maybe this is what I have been lookinhg for interested in how one implemented free shipping. I have a cart ready to go live but the clients want to use a custom type shipping table. Based on price and at a level want to offer either free or discounted shuipping. Maybe this will do the trick. I hope. Be happy to share the customers table

Plugin Contributions

Hello -- You could do something like that with this module, but not right out of the box. You'll need to modify the code. If I were to try to accomplish your goal using the staticlist module I'd have a staticlist clone for each of of the horizontal rows from your spreadsheet and then display the lists conditionally based on the value of the shopping cart. Thus for a shopping cart of any particular value the customer would be presented with four options from which to choose: ground, 3 day, 2 day, next day. There might be another module more directly suited to your purpose; whatever you decide please report back to the group and describe what you did and how you did it. Regards. -- Rick

Plugin Contributions

Well after a couple day trying to figure it out I figured out that duplicate tables would be the answer and after the post I made I found a module that is just that. One thing for sure I can't see what I type at my age so you will have to forgive. Thanks for the reply.Maybe I can light the fire under thiis cart this weekend.
    Mel

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

I am using 1.38 and am wondering if this mod can do the delivery charges thing.

The kind of delivery charge where you spend less than $30; there's a charge and when you spend more than its free. All into the shopping cart. Can this mod do this?

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Sorry, no, there is no provision in the staticlist module to dynamically change the price associated with a shipping option based on the amount of the sale. -- Rick

Plugin Contributions

LOVE this mod!

Okay, here's a simple(?) thing I need help with: All of my delivery options are for hotels in Denver, Colorado (for Aug 24 and 25 2008). This is for the Democratic National Convention. So, we need to charge sales tax on all these deliveries, no matter what state or zone they order from. For example, customer orders with a California billing and shipping address, but selects delivery to a hotel from static list. At the moment, the module cannot be configured to calculate the sales tax for this Colorado order, because the module does not know where these deliveries are made. How do I get it to charge the Colorado sales tax?

Thanks!

Kristin

Plugin Contributions

Can't believe I figured out how to do this myself! So, for anyone else with this issue, I'll explain how I got it to charge one sales tax rate for the delivery options, regardless of the shipping/billing address:

I defined a new tax zone (I called it Special Delivery to Hotels), where I defined it as United States, All Zones (using All Countries, All Zones did not work for some reason), then I set the tax rate for that zone to be the state tax of Colorado, then I selected this Special Delivery to Hotels zone in the select list module in the admin, and chose Tax Basis as "Store" (because the store is in Colorado, and so are the delivery points, the hotels). Now, the module activates when customer's shipping address is in the United States (wish "All Countries" had worked), and it charges the sales tax for Colorado!

Yay!

Plugin Contributions

Okay, my solution did not work as well as expected... it worked great when the billing address is not in Colorado, but if it is in Colorado, it charges double tax, so now I am freaking out.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast