Plugin Contributions

Default Product in More than 1 Category

I am working with my daughter on moving an existing website storefront into ZenCart.

She registered on this forum, and swears she left a question yesterday, but I can't find it.

Here's the question: From working in the Admin pages, it would appear that it is not possible to have a product in more than one category.. Can you have a product in more than one category?

Also, it would appear that product ID's are auto assigned. Her Site is linked to her accounting package using existing product ID numbers. Can you assign your own ID numbers?

We are very new to ZenCart...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Product in More than 1 Category

To have products in more than one category you have to link them: When viewing a product under Categories/Products (Catalog menu), on the right you will see a whole bunch of buttons. Click the "C" (copy) button to link a product to additional categories. This works very well as you only have to edit the original product listing.

If you want to link the product to more than one category I suggest using the Multiple Categories Link Manager at the bottom of the copy-to screen. Makes it a lot faster.

As for the product ID's, I suggest using the "Products Model" field. It is near the bottom of the screen when adding/editing product details. The model number will show up in the admin product listings and on your website.

Lisa

Plugin Contributions

Default Unique list

Zen Cart v1.3.8a/v1.3.8

Hi
    I am new to these forums but have a question I cannot get the answer to

I have a shopping cart full of books under many catogeries!

Now I wish to create a link on the page which is a list of say 10 products!

a book list!

the list will be made up of many products from different catogeries..

Is there functionality in zen cart do this or do I need to go get my hands dirty???

like a filter you can create??

Thanks
    Jerome

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by binary View Post
    To have products in more than one category you have to link them: When viewing a product under Categories/Products (Catalog menu), on the right you will see a whole bunch of buttons. Click the "C" (copy) button to link a product to additional categories. This works very well as you only have to edit the original product listing.

If you want to link the product to more than one category I suggest using the Multiple Categories Link Manager at the bottom of the copy-to screen. Makes it a lot faster.

As for the product ID's, I suggest using the "Products Model" field. It is near the bottom of the screen when adding/editing product details. The model number will show up in the admin product listings and on your website.

Lisa
    Thanks for this as this has helped me to create a shopping cart of books, and I can create a custom book list for say one particular class and a person can buy the entire book list easy

thanks ***** 5 star's

Plugin Contributions

Moderator's Note: Similar threads merged into this thread.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.