Plugin Contributions

Default Coupon restrictions not working for my Free Shipping coupon

I can't figure out why. I've got a coupon set up for free shipping but I only want it for two categories. I've read I should deny the top category and then allow the two. Didn't work. I tried just denying the top category and the coupon is still working.

A few details:
    Coupon Zone Restriction: 0
    Coupon Name Free Shipping
    Coupon Description
    (Customer can see) Free Shipping
    Coupon Amount 0.0000
    Coupon Minimum Order 0.0000
    Free Shipping Free Shipping
    Coupon Code freeship15
    Uses per Coupon
    Uses per Customer 1
    Start Date 10/16/2007
    End Date 12/31/2007

and:
    Product/Category Restrictions

Category
    (Denied)

Product
    NONE

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Coupon restrictions not working

At this time, Free Shipping Discount Coupons are for the whole of shipping costs ...

The restrictions only allow or disallow its useage on the order ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Coupon restrictions not working

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    At this time, Free Shipping Discount Coupons are for the whole of shipping costs ...

The restrictions only allow or disallow its useage on the order ...
    Thank you. Are you saying the restrictions by category have no effect on the coupon usage? If I set up a Free Shipping coupon, it will offer free shipping for the entire store.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Coupon restrictions not working for my Free Shipping coupon

At the moment, the Free Shipping Discount Coupons are just that ... Free Shipping

As to Restrictions, you do have to have 1 product within the restrictions in the cart to use it but it gives the whole order Free Shipping ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I am having the same problem where the coupon code works for the entire store even though I have explicitly denied the category within the coupon code!

Plugin Contributions

> At the moment, the Free Shipping Discount Coupons are just that ... Free Shipping As to Restrictions, you do have to have 1 product within the restrictions in the cart to use it but it gives the whole order Free Shipping

I may have accidentally found just what I needed. I've created a Free Shipping coupon, and I want it to apply only when one particular product is ordered (although if that product is ordered, they can order other items as well and shipping will still be free). I have Top category set to "deny" and the one product I want to require set to "allow." I tested it with just this item, this item and others, and just others, and it did what I wanted, but is there anything I should look out for?
    [FONT="Times New Roman"]Sylvia
    PM at your own risk, I don't check in regularly!
    MamaSylvia.com My ZenCart tutorial
    [/FONT]

Plugin Contributions

Set the Top Category on DENY and then the Product that triggers Free Shipping on ALLOW ...

Now the whole order will have Free Shipping IF the Product on ALLOW is in the cart ...

Any shipping method can be selected but the coupon will cancel out the amount ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Yup, worked great! I LOVE the coupon feature, it's converting lookers to buyers.

I wish there was a category for "kudos to the programmers." ZC is WONDERFUL and I'm constantly discovering new features that I didn't know I couldn't live without. I never have to worry about running out of my bestsellers because of the low-product notification. It's working seamlessly with Paypal. I can set all kinds of options with the attributes, and if the next version includes inventory-by-attributes I will be in seventh heaven.

Nothing against sending money but pats on the back are more personal. ;)
    [FONT="Times New Roman"]Sylvia
    PM at your own risk, I don't check in regularly!
    MamaSylvia.com My ZenCart tutorial
    [/FONT]

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: Coupon restrictions not working for my Free Shipping coupon

I have my coupon set up for Free Ship for orders over $99 but I am NOT getting a coupon code area in the Product Delivery area at check out. Why is that? I can't find how I would add a coupon area code in the check out area. Please advise.

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

The Discount Coupon code input box and the Gift Certificate code input box as well as the Gift Certificate amount to apply to an order (when there is a GV balance for the customer) all appear on the checkout_payment page ...
    Linda McGrath