I've got just the Paypal Express button showing on Zen cart. Everything works fine if the buyer clicks on the Paypal Express button and then uses their Paypal account to pay. If they do not wish to create or use an existing Paypal account to pay, however, after collecting the financial data, it kicks the user back to my site and tells them to log in. There is no option given to create a new account on my site. Even if they do happen to have already created a username and password on my site, it's extremely confusing, and tends to lose the shopping cart contents causing the buyer to have to start all over again. If they do log in on my site before going to checkout and then don't use a Paypal account to pay, it works okay, so I've got instructions telling them to log in if they're not going to use a Paypal account to pay, but who knows how many people figure that out.
Do I have something set wrong for this to be happening? Is there a way to require users to log in on my site before proceeding to checkout? I would prefer that they didn't have to log in at all on my site, regardless of how they wish to pay.
Any suggestions for this newbie would be most appreciated.