Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Shipping TO Multiple Addresses.

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Hi Larry,
    Is there a particular reason why you won't share this mod with the community so many people can benefit from it? Just like Zen Cart itself is free so thousands can benefit from it?

Plugins/Mods area: http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php
    I would love to post that one but I want to recoup some of my expense (my time) that's the only reason. Perhaps I'll modify it for 1.6.0 and it will get in the core ;)

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: Shipping TO Multiple Addresses.

Quote Originally Posted by treeslikemedia View Post
    Hi @procog,

I have a client who wants this functionality on their Zen Cart site. It is running version 1.7 I believe. I looked at your add-on, and was hoping to ask you some questions, or possibly sub-contract some of the work out to you. Please send me an email at treeslikeme-at-gmail-dot-com so we can discuss it a little more in depth. I couldn't find an email address for you on your profile here or at GitHub.

Thanks so much!
    Ben
    At the risk of beating a dead horse, I'm resurrecting this thread!

I've found someone that can help me with development, and I'm looking to the zen-cart community to help make this (*finally*) happen.

I have the code hosted at github, and my intention is to release a fork of the latest version of zen-cart that has this feature. But don't worry! It will be released under the same license (GPL v2) as Zen Cart.

I'm not exactly sure how to go about funding the development, though (which, unfortunately, is still necessary). Maybe a kickstarter would work?

Also I would love to work with the core developers on this to try and ultimately merge this feature into the core. If any of the core developers are interested in helping me out with this, I would be forever grateful.

For anyone that's interested, you can see how I've handled the user interface aspects at https://www.anythinginabasket.com

Rather than ask people to PM me if they're interested, I'll ask that you contribute your ideas to this thread, so that development/funding can proceed in the open.

For the more technically inclined, you can check out the code on github.

https://github.com/ebcode/zen_cart_mam

It's 2016. This thread was started in 2007. Let's get this done before it celebrates its ten-year birthday party.

Plugin Contributions

You could give Multiple Ship-To Addresses a try.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    You could give Multiple Ship-To Addresses a try.
    Thanks, lat9. I'll take a look. Do you know if there are any plans to move this plugin into core for a future release?

It seems (to me) that one of Zen Cart's major difficulties is the plugin ecosystem, being that the core of Zen Cart is not built with a "pluggable" architecture.

I'm wondering if there has been any thought given by the core devs to rewriting Zen Cart so that plugins can "play nicely" w/ eachother, and we don't have to include things like the following in our documentation:

Because this plugin makes modifications to the Zen Cart order process, it is not directly compatible with other plugins that also make order-related modifications including (but not limited to):

Checkout Without Account (COWOA)
    Maybe that's something that could be in the works for 1.6?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by procog View Post
    Do you know if there are any plans to move this plugin into core for a future release?
    Unknown.

I'm wondering if there has been any thought given by the core devs to rewriting Zen Cart so that plugins can "play nicely" w/ eachother
    I've heard the core devs have been working on that for future releases. Not sure about 1.6 specifically.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Unknown.

I've heard the core devs have been working on that for future releases. Not sure about 1.6 specifically.
    Thanks, DrByte, but I thought you *were* a core dev. But I guess you're more of a PM?

Anyhow, I just found this sticky:

https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....tributing+core

so it looks like the core devs are trying to make collaboration easier.

I'm going to start at the beginning: https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....tributing+core

I'm still looking for ways for the community to contribute to the cost of development, if that's alright. It was through reading from the beginning of this thread with people offering to share the cost that got me started in this line of thought. It still seems like it will be a lot of work to get this implemented properly, and I'm hopeful that the community can come up with a solution.

I could see why having paid contributions to an open source project might be frowned upon, but I can also how it would help hasten development. Does anyone have any objection to me launching either a Kickstarter or Indiegogo campaign to help finance this project?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Thanks, DrByte, but I thought you *were* a core dev.
    Haha. Yes, I am ;)

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789