Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Shipping TO Multiple Addresses.

Sorry, but I consulted a number of people at work and no solution to this was slick enough for us without having to spend a fortune - so in the end we recreated our shopping area using Magento. We were very very sad to leave Zen... but if shipping to multiple addresses is as imprtant to you as it was to us and you're on a budget, I'd suggest looking elswhere.

Plugin Contributions

how has magento worked out for you?
    I'm going to have to move away from ZEN as well . The shipping to multiple addreses thing is something I can't believe wasn't taken into account when developing zen through the years.

Plugin Contributions

It has worked out pretty well actually. To look at (via ftp), Zen seems smaller, neater and easier to fiddle with, esp if you're used to it and know where to go to do what. Magento feels like a monster in comparison. However, the latter does so much more - and daunting as the code seems to start with, it's not so bad once you get into it.

I would say that Zen is slightly faster for the user to download than Magento, esp when he/she first enters your shop. This is one of the main resons I would have preferred to stick with Zen. However, I've found that Magento really isn't slow enough to be an issue and my customer numbers haven't declined.

With regards to th multiple addresses - whereas there's nothing for it but to try modifying Zen, it's all been taken care of in your Magento installation. (Mind you, the link to send the order to multiple addresses is less clear than it could be - users were missing it, so I had to change it to a button to make it stand out.)

My advice on the whole would be, if you're running a simple shop and don't need the multiple delivery addresses, stick with Zen, at least for now, because of its speed and ease of use. However, it simply didn't have enough variety of function for us and we have no regrets about moving to Magento. It's not as simple as Zen to install and customise, but it's a lot more impressive once it's up and running.

Plugin Contributions

I couldn't agree more L.A.B.

I'm in the same exact situation. I currently run Magento for the same exact reason, but I frequently touch base with the development of Zen in the hopes to find multiple address shipping.

Magento is very powerful and can sometimes have sluggish performance on discount hosting.

I recommend Magento to anyone, especially those requiring multiple address shipping.

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: Shipping TO Multiple Addresses.

Has there been any progress on this in ZenCart?

Plugin Contributions

Obviously this very basic necessity is still unavailable in Zen Cart which is a real shame. However, in the meantime I need to set up SOMETHING to at least resemble multiple recipients ...

If customer selects more than 1 of a particular item, I would like to include a text area or FORM where they can then enter the additional shipping addresses.

Is this something that I can add to the checkout page somehow? Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: Shipping TO Multiple Addresses.

in the checkout process there is a box for special instructions.... HELLOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    In YOURSTORE/includes/languages/english edit the shoppingcart.php file so that it says to put any additional shipping addresses into the comments box during checkout process.
    The line that you would put this in is:
    define('TEXT_INFORMATION', 'TEXT GOES HERE');
    Replace the TEXT GOES HERE with whatever you want it to say, such as: 'If you would like us to send your order to multiple addresses, please enter the addresses and recipient's name in the comments and special instructions box during checkout, and please indicate which items are going to which address. Thank you, and have a great day!'
    That would take care of the multiple address problem, although there still remains the problem of charging extra shipping for the different addresses.... maybe change the shipping "scheme" to the perweightunit, and put it in there, or something.
    It's only a temporary solution, but at least then you can offer that service (multiple addresses) until a mod is created to handle it all automatically.
    Flip Perry
    S~Scents

Plugin Contributions

Other than the "hellooo!!!!" I very much appreciate your help, flipperry ;)
    That should certainly resolve the issue temporarily. Thanks for pointing to the correct location to edit the special instructions instructions :)

Yes, shipping is an issue but I've convinced my client to flat rate the shipping on these particular items so that should do the trick for the moment.
    Thanks again!!

Plugin Contributions

OScommerce has this add on option wonder if someone could convert it over

Plugin Contributions

I also would be very interrested in this mod, however it looks like this has been discussed over the last 2 years with no results.

As per the previous reference to someone hiring a developer to make this from getafreelancer, it looks like brianosc may have done this from what I can tell. I've sent him a PM, so if he's willing to sell the mod on, or even upload it free, then it would be a huge benefit for the community.

Otherwise I MAY consider volunteering to be a project manager to coordinate those of us who are willing to pay cash to get this coded. If this does happen, however, the mod would be made free for all to use, so the contributors only get the satisfaction of "getting it made", and perhaps names in the "credits".

Thoughts on this?

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast