Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Installing SSL trust logos

Quote Originally Posted by ts232 View Post

Can anyone show me a working pop-up seal from a sidebox running on a https: url with zencart and IE6?

Please? Thanks!
    Anyone? Please? I am currently unable to assure folks my site is trusted at the critical point during the checkout process. Are you guys all doing something different from the sidebox contrib?

Plugin Contributions

You might think about switching to the corner trust logo like I have on my site. I don't seem to have any issues with it on IE6.

Super easy to install too.
    Steve
    Zen cart version: 1.3.9h

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by FatGuyinAZ View Post
    You might think about switching to the corner trust logo like I have on my site. I don't seem to have any issues with it on IE6.

Super easy to install too.
    Good idea, just made the switch to the corner logo and it works great in every browser. Thanks for kicking me in the right direction!

Heads up to folks using the sidebox to test with IE6 on an SSL page before using.

Plugin Contributions

First, let me apologize for having been absent from this thread for so long.
    I have really been unable to post.
    To address the concerns about IE6: I just tested the contrib on this browser and it works fine, no problems at all.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ckosloff View Post
    First, let me apologize for having been absent from this thread for so long.
    I have really been unable to post.
    To address the concerns about IE6: I just tested the contrib on this browser and it works fine, no problems at all.
    First: thank you so much for your contribution. I really appreciate your giving this to the community. I am not trying to diminish your contribution, but just help isolate and fix a potential problem.

On your ladywig.com site I have the same problem with the pop-up dialog from the sidebox *on the login page* or other ssl page using IE6. It works fine on the regular (http) pages however.

Perhaps this is just a problem with my browser, however one other reader reported a same problem on my site with IE6.

Plugin Contributions

Actually this contribution was crafted by Juxi Zoza, I have not heard from him in a long time.
    I just trimmed it out a little bit.
    When I have time, I will publish a revised version for 1.3.8a.
    Anybody who contributes to Zen Cart is not diminished by bug reports, on the contrary.
    However, I cannot understand what your problem is, because the scripts are very simple and should work cross-browser.
    If I could see what you are reporting I might be able to help, maybe a screenshot?
    The ladywig.com site has been abandoned for a long time too, online it is still 1.3.7.1, but it can provide a testing ground for your screenshots.
    Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

I have now, finally, updated the contrib for version 1.3.8a.
    Before I submit to the Zen Cart Olympus, I would like you guys to review it for accuracy.
    I have already done so to the best of my ability, but I might have missed something.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by ckosloff; 18 Jul 2008 at 05:40 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Also, I acknowledge the existence of the dreaded IE6 bug in https://
    I have not yet found a solution, working on it...

Plugin Contributions

I'm the only guy posting, no interest in Comodo?
    I have already submitted v.1.2 for review, so deleted the one posted in this thread.
    There is a significant difference in this version inasmuch as it corrects a syntax error in html_header.php.
    In line 40 (the test line) everything after the src attribute should be enclosed in double quotes, for consistency with the previous base href tag in line 39.
    This might prevent some browsers from tripping because there are many single quotes in that line, although they are all enclosed in parentheses.
    However, sadly, this does not prevent the stupid bug in IE6.
    I have struggled with Comodo for weeks on the IE6 issue, and haven't reached any useful conclusion so far.
    They are stuck on defending their code, and blaming Zen Cart for the unusual IE6 behavior.
    The script works in every browser, including IE5.5, except IE6 in a secure area, if the script were bad it would fail in all browsers, but only IE6 shows this stupid behavior.
    I have tried changing security settings in IE6 with no joy.
    So, my conclusion is that this is definitely a Microsoft issue, it has nothing to do with Comodo or Zen Cart.
    Finally, I have tested corner of trust, in fact, it is now installed and working in my site.
    Working...except for IE6. When switching to the secure area, IE6 displays the dreaded warning about secure and non-secure items, do you want to continue? Reason being that the image is behind a non-secure connection and IE6 will warn about that.
    Comodo code changes this, so other browsers don't display this warning, but IE6 does.
    So, for those who have posted that Corner of Trust is the panacea for IE6 bugs, you are wrong, it is still the bete noire.
    I will try to correct this with a script that changes the image location according to SSL request, but this will not be Comodo scripting, so it's not easy as pie as some seem to think.
    I'm not really angered about guys prefering Corner of Trust, I might switch to it myself, just don't think that it will correct IE6 by itself.
    If anyone interested, I will help on installing Corner of Trust on their websites.

Plugin Contributions

Do not feel alone - - viewing your site with my IE6 - I do not get any bad messages

Details: version: 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_gdr.070227-2254

Do not know all my settings but the site in your sig loads https without a wimper
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast