Default [NOT ZEN-CART BUG] Shopping cart not functioning properly - Google Checkout & BuySafe

I am using Zen-cart 1.3.7. No matter how many times I empty my shopping cart, when I log in again the same items are in it and I cannot add new items to it. This is true in both Firefox 2 and IE 7. I dont know about other browsers.

I had installed the buySAFE module which was working fine in Firefox though it had a conflict with the shadow box mod in IE7 so I uninstalled the shadowbox mod and the conflict went away. I also uninstalled the buySAFE mod from ADMIN. This did not change in any way the behavior of the shopping cart.

THen I noticed that the google checkout in the store was saying it was set to sandbox mode when in fact, it is set to production mode in admin. SO I disabled google checkout from admin. However, it still continues to show up in the store as a payment option, albeit in sandbox mode.

Even at that, the behavior of the cart is the same. THis is very frustrating and I know I have lost at least one sale because of it.

SOmeone please help with this.

Thanks,

Jason

Default Re: [NOT ZEN-CART BUG] Shopping cart not functioning properly - Google Checkout & Buy

I've gotten google checkout disabled and I have buySAFE disabled. Neither one is active in the store but the problem remains. I don't see why this is not a zen-cart bug.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: [NOT ZEN-CART BUG] Shopping cart not functioning properly - Google Checkout & Buy

This wasn't happening before you installed the mods, right? As long as any of the mod code is present in a file or db table which is in the page processing flow, it could be somehow affecting the cart function, even if the mod is turned off in admin. This would be a fault in the mod, not in the ZC core.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Confirmed not to be a bug in Zen Cart, but rather with a purchased addon:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78683

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.