Plugin Contributions

Default Where do I go to find the files I need to change?

I've been looking to see where to find the files I need to edit them - like to change the "sales message goes here" to something else. I did find help on how to modify the files properly, and it did say where a lot of the basic customization can be done from, but I cant seem to find just how to get TO the files. Where do I go to get to them?
    Thanks in advance.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Where do I go to find the files I need to change?

Hello and welcome.

Typing "Where do I go to find the files I need to change?" in the FAQ area brings up some related articles. The first one is this:
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=38

Hopefully that'll help answer your questions and give you a reference for some of the other inquiries you may have!

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks! I found a file or two but cant seem to make a new folder to put my changes in. I go to my file manager for my site and try to add a new folder (looks like it would work), but it doesnt show up when I hit create folder. Do I need to be doing something else? I appreciate the help!

Plugin Contributions

Ok, I've been gone for a bit and now getting back to working on the cart. Apparently, I am very slow to understand here. Just how do I get to the files that need to be changed? I did get to the developers tool kit and found the files that way, but that just shows little tidbits of code that can be changed. Dont I need to open the entire template source code somewhere in order to make and save my own custom template page? How do I get to that and then where exactly do I need to save the custom template in order for the changes to show up? Am I making this way too complicated? I have been searching the forums for answers, but so far I dont find the answer I'm looking for. It seems to me that the answers I"ve found so far assume you already know where to start out. I seem to be missing that information. Please help! I have a feeling I am making this into more than it needs to be, but I'm just not getting it at the moment. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Plugin Contributions

If you look at those little tidbits it tells you the file to open
    Zen cart PCI compliant Hosting

Plugin Contributions

Am I making this way too complicated? I have been searching the forums for answers,
    Yes you are!!! Go to the Tutorials/FAQ's in the upper right corner of this site and search for "template" - many of your answers are there
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten