Plugin Contributions

red flag Ultimate SEO URLs - does it work with the latest 1.3.7.1 Zen Cart distribution?

First of all I think we have to determine about what we are talking about? It seems there are 2 or even more versions of Ultimate SEO URL made by different contributors? At least this is what I figure out:

1) Ultimate SEO 2.105 located on Zen Download Page here:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=231
    It states that works with 1.3.7
    It says that there are no modification or hand coding required.
    It asks the bugs to be sent here: http://dev.imaginacolombia.com

2) Ultimate SEO 2.100 located on other web site:
    http://www.dream-scape.com/pub/zenca...RLs/index.html
    It states that works with any version higher than 1.2.4
    A lot of hand coding is required.

3) Some people are talking in this forum about a BETA 3.0 version but where is this and who is the author and who supports it... I have no idea.

Now I tried (1) and (2) and I can honestly tell you that they DO NOT work.

I saw a tutorial for beginners assuming that the problem is with the relative path to the installation - this is NOT the case, please do not post this answer here.

Related to the (2) the dream-scape version it says at instruction number 2 to "Open your Zen Cart file `includes/application_top.php` and find the following code around line 355"... a code block follows. There is nowhere to be found this code on the specified file. Maybe this is a sign that something is wrong.

I tried every time both versions with a CLEAN installation of Zen Cart. That's right, I re-installed the cart every time this contribution fail. So please do not assume that I have modified files and this is why it doesn't work either.

What I would like - and I believe it will be of great help to the entire community - is if somebody that has a working version of the Ultimate SEO URLs with the latest installation of the Zen Cart, eventually a clean installation with the default template, will be so kind to let us know how he/she make it work. If he did some additional tweaking to some of the files will help if he can upload them somewhere, if not here maybe on something like www.rapidshare.com, so all of us to make use of this very useful contribution.

Please do not post "I have the same problem too" messages either. This will make this thread too long and hard to follow.
    Please do not post your thoughts or suggestions, just working SOLUTIONS tested by you personally and proved efficient.
    I will repeat again that the relative path is not a problem and we are talking about clean default installation of Zen Cart. Also there is no problem with the Hosting or .htaccess file. They are fine. Please do not post answers like this either as they do not apply to our problem.

Just SOLUTIONS please.

Thank you for your time.
    Last edited by gregml; 28 Oct 2007 at 11:46 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ultimate SEO URLs - does it work with the latest 1.3.7.1 Zen Cart distribution?

http://www.whitecurve.com/seo_urls_current(patched).zip..
    comes with a 93 page instruction guide.
    I know for a fact this works with 1.3.7 ( however it dosnt work with shared ssl )
    Last edited by Merlinpa1969; 28 Oct 2007 at 11:59 AM.
    Zen cart PCI compliant Hosting