Plugin Contributions

Default Store loading slow

For some reason my store is loading really slow. I've asked my ISP and host to both look into it and their conslusions is that it's zen cart itself. Is there anyway to optimize the loading time of the store? You can find my store located at www.vinashcoaching.com/store thanks for your help.

Zidain~

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Store loading slow

You are pretty heavy on the image and file size - http://www.websiteoptimization.com/s...ing.com/store/

but, Zen Cart is also fairly resource intense and needs a well optimized server that is NOT overloaded.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

You have 5 products ... if your hosting site cannot handle a php ecommerce solution with 5 products ... you need to start looking for a new hosting site ...

Perhaps you might wish to look at our Zen Cart Certified Hosting sites in the Hosting link at the top of your screen ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Has anyone ever had a problem with DreamHost? That is what I'm using atm...I'm not that technical but that report you ran for me Kim indicates what you said about large file sizes...do you think if I reduce the size of them is that really going to make the performance difference I'm looking for? Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Zidain

Plugin Contributions

in regards to the image sizes, it probably wont take care of ALL of your isue but it cant hurt,

as fro dreamhost if you do a quick search on the forum you will get all the information you need,
    Zen cart PCI compliant Hosting

Plugin Contributions

As to the image file size:

Screen resloution is 72dpi - So an image that is a default 100x80px is about 1x0.75 inch or approximately 3k

So if you dfile size is 6, 10, or 20k You are only wasting bandwidth and slowing your page loading as the image quality does not improve
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten