Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Sort order for Option Values displayed on product page

Dear Zenners,

Is there a way to change the default sorting order (currently ascending alphabetically) to descending? There seems to be a sorting order value that we can enter in Admin. But that does not seem to control anything on the product display page.

http://haostaff.com/store/index.php?...&products_id=1

See above page. I want to reverse the order of the two radio buttoned values, without amending the spelling of the values.

I am working with different languages. Ideally, I wish to set the sorting order on the product page for each and every language. If that is not possible, change of the ascending to descending would help, too.

Thanks,

Jeff

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Sort order for Option Values displayed on product page

1 comes before 2 and G comes before H ...

If you number them, then that is the order they will display ... this is just an alpha/numeric sort and doesn't know any better ...

You can, however, use the Sort Order on the Attributes and set:

1) Hao Staff Sort Order 10
    2) Grand Staff Sort Order 20

If you set the Default Sort Order on your Option Values, you can then sort the whole catalog based on those ... otherwise you can do individual products and their attributes separately as needed in the Attributes Controller ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Thank you, Ajeh. Good to have your help again.

I did set the Option Value's sort order to try to put H (I gave 10) in front of G (I gave 20). But it did not do the trick.

So now I am resorting to adding a number in front of the Hao Staff and the Grand Staff. No ideal but I can live with it.

I do have another question. What I want to achieve is quite simple:

to price the Grand Staff at X% of the Price of the Hao Staff (which is the price of the product). X can be (1 - Disc%).

Is there a way to set X, or the Disc above, applicable to the Option Value "Grand Staff" ?

I did not dare to experiment too much with the Attributes, because I usually get lost and mess things up.

Thanks and best regards,

Jeff

Plugin Contributions

Attributes are not relative to other attributes ...

On the Sort Order check the settings in the Configuration ... Product Info ...
    Products Info - Product Option Value of Attributes Sort Order
    Sort order of Product Option Values of Attributes for Products Info
    0= Sort Order, Price
    1= Sort Order, Option Value Name
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Ajeh. I have now solved the sort order problem.

My Sort by Option Value Name setting was always set to "1" in the Admin->Configuration->Product Info. I have now discovered that I have to press a link under Attribute Controller called Update Sort to Default Order for each product. That finally did the trick.

Regarding pricing, I don't understand your first sentence. Let me ask again. What is the best way to give different prices for different Option Values - best at a percentage differential ?

Thanks,
    Jeff

Plugin Contributions

An Attribute has no relation to another Attribute so pricing based on some kind of relationship to another attribute does not exist ...

You can, however, price based on a percentage of the products_price with the Price Factor and Price Factor Offset ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Thanks, Ajeh.

I tried the Price Factor and Offset. Somehow, the system only ADD a percentage of my Product Price. MINUS is what I really want. Is Offset meant to be a percentage deduction?

If yes, I will go back to try it again. If you can give me an example of exactly how to enter the numbers, it would be great. Basically, I want my Option Value (the Grand Staff) to be 25% off the Product Price.

Right now, I am manually calculating the discount amount and entered that in the first two fields under "Price and Weights", i.e. minus sign in the first field, and then the discount amount in the second.

See: http://haostaff.com/store/index.php?...&products_id=1

Let's see whether I can achieve the same automatically.

Your help, in so many matters in past, is always most appreciated.

Best regards,
    Jeff

Plugin Contributions

One Option Value is $6.99 and the other is 25% off or $5.24 ... what is it that you need it to do that is different?
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

I am currently setting the 25% discount AMOUNT manually - by calculating it myself from the product price and then add a MINUS price amount (-$1.75) in the Grand Staff Option Value.

Can I enter a MINUS 25% somewhere (e.g. in the Price Factor, or Offset?) so that the same effect can be achieved automatically, i.e. the system calculates the MINUS AMOUNT for me and shows it on the Product Info Page ?

I tried it before. Somehow, it only ADD alright, but does not MINUS. Maybe I got the +/- sign wrong somewhere?

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Try using:
    Prefix: -
    Price Factor at: 0.75
    Offset at: 1.00

Should work for you that way ...
    Linda McGrath

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast