Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: physical path incorrect

The answer to this is simple --> if you can install fine inside a folder but cannot install in the root then there's no problem with the cart - it's a problem with the ownership of permissions in the root.

And that's down to the hosting company. Ask to speak to someone in technical support who knows what they are talking about --> rather than some untrained call centre person reading from a crib sheet on a computer screen.

Vger

Plugin Contributions

Ok Doc- Here is the result of firsteditionusedbooks.com/test.php

Current Working Directory: C:\websites\508\firsteditionusedbooks.com
    Checking file_exists (C:\websites\508\firsteditionusedbooks.com) according to PHP ...Result: False

The install directory is firsteditionusedbooks.com/zc_installxxxx

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by sperdie View Post
    Current Working Directory: C:\websites\508\firsteditionusedbooks.com
    Checking file_exists (C:\websites\508\firsteditionusedbooks.com) according to PHP ...Result: False
    Okay, so at least we have confirmation that it's PHP that's saying it's an invalid path.

During install, if you add a backslash after the .com in the path, does it still fail?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Yes- I tried it with trailing slash - I also tried backslash and forward slash.
    My hosting company is pretty adamant at this point that they have not changed any permissions on their site. I must be the only person who has attempted to install to the root.

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Okay, so at least we have confirmation that it's PHP that's saying it's an invalid path.

During install, if you add a backslash after the .com in the path, does it still fail?

Plugin Contributions

I have known companies who run php from the cgi-bin and where you can only install a shopping cart inside a folder called 'catalog'. If you install in the root or in a folder with another name it just won't work.

Vger

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If you want to override Zen Cart's use of PHP's built-in validation of the path, make the following file edit:

/zc_install/includes/modules/pages/system_setup/header_php.php
    around line 79 you'll see code like the following. Add the // as shown:
    Code:
      if (isset($_POST['submit'])) {
        $zc_install->isEmpty($_POST['physical_path'], ERROR_TEXT_PHYSICAL_PATH_ISEMPTY, ERROR_CODE_PHYSICAL_PATH_ISEMPTY);
    //    $zc_install->fileExists($_POST['physical_path'], ERROR_TEXT_PHYSICAL_PATH_INCORRECT, ERROR_CODE_PHYSICAL_PATH_INCORRECT);  
        $zc_install->isEmpty($_POST['virtual_http_path'], ERROR_TEXT_VIRTUAL_HTTP_ISEMPTY, ERROR_CODE_VIRTUAL_HTTP_ISEMPTY);
    Or, (and I'd like to know if this makes a difference for your situation), try this instead:
    Code:
      if (isset($_POST['submit'])) {
        $zc_install->isEmpty($_POST['physical_path'], ERROR_TEXT_PHYSICAL_PATH_ISEMPTY, ERROR_CODE_PHYSICAL_PATH_ISEMPTY);
        $zc_install->fileExists($zc_install->trimTrailingSlash($_POST['physical_path']) . '/index.php', ERROR_TEXT_PHYSICAL_PATH_INCORRECT, ERROR_CODE_PHYSICAL_PATH_INCORRECT);  
        $zc_install->isEmpty($_POST['virtual_http_path'], ERROR_TEXT_VIRTUAL_HTTP_ISEMPTY, ERROR_CODE_VIRTUAL_HTTP_ISEMPTY);

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I already have this cart running on root. (I moved the already installed files to the root directory then edited the configs) The issue is only with the install process. I am going to try what the Doc suggested but I have to find another domain to do it in. (I am already in the process of working on the domain I was installing to and do not want to start over)
    I have a few domains that I am not using - as soon as I get a chance I will run the installs with both mods and post the results here.
    Thanks for the guidance and support.

Quote Originally Posted by Vger View Post
    I have known companies who run php from the cgi-bin and where you can only install a shopping cart inside a folder called 'catalog'. If you install in the root or in a folder with another name it just won't work.

Vger

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I'd be very interested in knowing if the proposed fix (the 2nd one) "fixes" things for you on the site that wasn't working right ... mainly as confirmation that "that" fix is sufficient.

The fix I posted above has been incorporated in the v1.3.8a release, posted earlier today.
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...780#post473780

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Let's try a modified version of that, like this:
    Code:
    <?php
    $p = getcwd();
    echo 'Current Working Directory: ' . $p . "<br />";
    echo 'Checking file_exists(' . $p . ') according to PHP ...';
    if (file_exists($p)) { 
      echo ' Result: True';
    } else {
      echo 'Result: False';
    }
    ?>
    What's the URL to your zc_install folder?
    I'm curious about your magic_quotes and other PHP settings ...
    I have same problem and running this received:

"Current Working Directory: /home/rdelahan/public_html/store
    Checking file_exists(/home/rdelahan/public_html/store) according to PHP ... Result: True"

But still receiving "Physical path is incorrect"

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by martinsure View Post
    I have same problem and running this received:

"Current Working Directory: /home/rdelahan/public_html/store
    Checking file_exists(/home/rdelahan/public_html/store) according to PHP ... Result: True"

But still receiving "Physical path is incorrect"
    Which version of Zen Cart are you using?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast