Plugin Contributions

Default "Special" price shows but not in cart - HELP!!!

I have searched the forum and applied the advice given for salemaker not applying the sale price on certain items but it did not work.

I just upgraded from 1.2.6 and mooved from Godaddy to Camelot yesterday.

This is my live store so please help me...

Marc

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: "Special" price shows but not in cart - HELP!!!

OK, I do have two products in that catagory linked to another catagory. One of the items having the problem is linked but the other one is not linked. Is this a problem?

Marc

Plugin Contributions

If Sale Maker is involved ... check that all of the Products in the products table have a master_categories_id that matches the categories_id that is on Sale in Sale Maker ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I deleted the product from the linked catagory and then reset the Master Catagory IDs and updated the Product Price Sorter. Still no luck.

Is anyone here tonight that can help?

Marc

Plugin Contributions

No this is the "Specials". I do have a current "Sale" running thought that seems to be working fine but I will check it closer now.

Marc

Plugin Contributions

I solved the problem. I had these priced by attributes in the past and when I removed the attributes I forgot to remove the priced by attributes radio button. As soon as I removed that everything worked perfectly.

So now I have to ask if you can have specials on items marked priced by attributes or is it only a problem when that is checked and there are no attributes for the special to base its new peice from?

Thanks,
    Marc

Plugin Contributions

You can have Products with Specials on Products marked as Priced by Attribute ...

However, when products are imported or upgrades that have not been run through the current version of the Zen Cart Admin, the products_price_sorter, master_categories_id and other such settings can become befuddled ...

There are some Attribute combinations that can moof up Sales and Specials, but there are usually ways around them ...

Most likely there was an issue with the Upgrade and then the Priced by Attribute being marked as YES when the Product(s) were no longer Priced by Attribute ...

Silly ol' code does tend to listen to what you tell it to do vs what you want it to do ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Yeah, what is with that. I have a couple of CNC machines that so the same thing. They go breaking tools and damaging parts just because I programmed them to. LOL

Lesson learned. I will slow down a little when listing or modifying products from now on. Or at least until I become complacent again. Hehehe.

Thanks again for everything that you guys do here. I bought the manual but Istill need you guys from time to time.

Marc

Plugin Contributions

I just want to see if my new signature is working. I can not believe the service that I have gotten with Camelot over the last 36 hours. I think that they love what they do as much as I do.