Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PayPal Express doesn't pass my customer info to paypal, is this normal?

Merlin, I completely understand what you are saying, but there are many exceptions to what you just said.

First, I want to make clear I don't have paypal IPN installed, only paypal express, I was just mentioning paypal IPN to make clear this issue does happen with it.

OK, so here are a few scenarios when a customer will click once logged in:

- Customer is relatively new to online shopping and may be confused on how to proceed through checkout (I get these many times). They proceed through normal checkout, thus creating an account and getting logged in.

- Customer proceeds through regular checkout in order to pay with check/money order. When he gets to the payment selection step, customer changes his mind and chooses 'credit cards through paypal' instead.

- Customer is a regular repeat customer who logs in constantly to check/manage their account and places orders on a regular basis.

In my case, the latter is the most common reason. I have a lot of repeat regular customers who always log in.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PayPal Express doesn't pass my customer info to paypal, is this normal?

For Express Checkout, there is a bug preventing address information from being submitted.

Assuming you're using v1.3.7.1 or the June 17 patch, here is the correction:
    /includes/modules/payment/paypalwpp.php
    line 1629:[FONT="Courier New"]
    foreach(array('entry_firstname','entry_lastname','entry_street_address','entry_c ity','entry_postcode','zone_code','countries_iso_code_2') as $key=>$value) {
    [/FONT]
    should be changed to:[FONT="Courier New"]
    foreach(array('entry_firstname','entry_lastname','entry_street_address','entry_c ity','entry_postcode','zone_code','countries_iso_code_2') as $key) {
    [/FONT]

THIS IS ALREADY DONE IN v1.3.8 and newer. DO NOT USE THE ABOVE ON NEWER VERSIONS OF ZEN CART, as the code has changed slightly!!!!!!

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

DrByte, thank you very much for finding and providing a fix for this bug.

It works great now. :)

Plugin Contributions

That's ace, thanks for this fix - I knew there was one out there somewhere!

Plugin Contributions

DrByte? Thank you so much!!! Works Wonderful

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12