Plugin Contributions

Default Product Images no longer being written to DB

This is occurring on Zen 1.3.7.1 - For some odd reason the images are no longer being written to the database products table when adding a new product or editing a product. Several products and images have already been added with no problems previously.

Now, with out any changes in file structure, web or database server, they are just not getting written into the database. They are being uploaded into the correct folder/directory on the server, appear in the preview in the admin panel, after that bupkiss. It is assigning the "no image available" graphic, however that is not appearing in the database products table under images.

Images are set to required under Configuration/Images.

Any suggestions as to where to start looking as to a possible solution?
    Last edited by Chinchilla2661; 5 Nov 2007 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Forgot information.
    Chinchilla2661

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Product Images no longer being written to DB

Well, after fighting with the problem for over 3 hours and finally posting here, the problem seems to have fixed itself somehow. At this point I believe there may have been a caching problem with the MySQL server. Here's hoping it doesn't return. If so I'll repost.

Thanks all. Yes I know that at this time there are no solutions to the problem posted, but knowing how great the help is here on the board (this is my first stop when I have problems with ANYTHING web based, not just with Zen) was enough to get it straightened up and working right.
    Chinchilla2661

Plugin Contributions

I have just upgrade to 1.3.7.1 and getting exactly same problem. It says "Destination not writable xxxxx/xxxxx/xxx" Instantly I thought it might have something to do with access permission. As on my server the default permission to directories are 755 (writeable only by user). I changed it to 777 and the problem's gone. As further tested it works when the write permission is allowed.

I hope the problem will be gone itself so i dont have to change the permission to every dir i work on and change i back afterwards ;\

Plugin Contributions

As further tested it works when the write permission is allowed.

I meant group write permission here.