Plugin Contributions

Default Gift Certificate being used more than once

Before I really knew what I was doing I did this...

I made a GC for someone. Thinking they could only use it once. However I have found after sending this person a second one. Which they then used both. One of which was the second time.

How do I get rid of this GC code so they can not keep using it???

It was supposed to be a one time thing.

I now know how to make discount codes that are perfect for one use times. But these 2 other GC codes are out there.

I need to disable them somehow.

Any help????

Thank you, Amber

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Gift Certificate being used more than once

I am not sure what you might have that is off on your database tables or your files ...

The Gift Certificate redemption code can only be used one time ... the GV can be then sent to someone else but it would then generate its own redemption code ...

What version of Zen Cart are you using?

NOTE: the current version is Zen Cart v1.3.7.1
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69769
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    I am not sure what you might have that is off on your database tables or your files ...

The Gift Certificate redemption code can only be used one time ... the GV can be then sent to someone else but it would then generate its own redemption code ...

What version of Zen Cart are you using?

NOTE: the current version is Zen Cart v1.3.7.1

I do have the latest cart.

My records show the the first GC I sent her was used back in August. But to be honest I don't remember her useing it until now. My fear was that she used it twice. Since my admin said she had already redeemed it in Aug.

So to be sure she and no one else can use a code twice I should just stick to the Discount Coupons, correct?

For peace of mind?

Thank you for your time!!

Amber

Plugin Contributions

Not really ...

Gift Certificates are like Cash with no expiration ...

Discount Coupons have expirations ...

Both have redemption codes to them ... if you are not making them right, then either can be wrong ...

You need to decide are you wanting to send out Gift Certificates and/or allow your customers to purchase Gift Certificates to send to others or only offer Discount Coupons ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Both have redemption codes to them ... if you are not making them right, then either can be wrong ...

You need to decide are you wanting to send out Gift Certificates and/or allow your customers to purchase Gift Certificates to send to others or only offer Discount Coupons ...

I want to do both actually. I want to give people a discount that they can use once in a month. And then there are those I wanted to give a GC to as a "rebate" that they can use on anything. Again only once.

Thanks, Amber

Plugin Contributions

I have never seen a duplicate on the Gift Certificate occure and duplicate use of a Discount Coupon is usually the result of setting up the Discount Coupon incorrectly ...

If this has happened more than once or you can reproduce the problem then there might be something to look at ...

But at this time, there are no reports of this happening ...

I am assuming you have gotten your Zen Cart from the link at the top of your screen for Downloads and obtained your Zen Cart from there or have gotten the most current version from:
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

I have never seen a duplicate on the Gift Certificate occure and duplicate use of a Discount Coupon is usually the result of setting up the Discount Coupon incorrectly ...

If this has happened more than once or you can reproduce the problem then there might be something to look at ...

But at this time, there are no reports of this happening ...

I did get my latest cart from here on the site.

My Discount coupons have been working fine.

The GC may have also. I'm not completely sure. The only real reason I think she may have used it twice was because my admin says it was redeemed in August. And 2 days ago when she bought from me, she used the same amount I had sent her. Plus the second one which was of a different amount.

It just didn't add up. Unless the admin date is just wrong. Then everything would be fine. It would have been just once for both GC.

I'll keep a closer eye on things and see how they go.

Thanks again for your time.

Amber

Plugin Contributions

It is possible this is a miscommunication?

You can REDEEM a gift certificate, without actually using it!

What happens when you redeem it is it attached the amount to their account, then at any time, the customer can "type" in how much of the redeemed certificate they want to use.

AS SOON as you click on the link to the gift certificate, it takes you to your store, where they log in, and then it is "redeemed" to their account. Your gift certificate will then show it was redeemed. i.e. attached to the proper users account.

THEN, when that person makes purchases they can then indicate how much of their gift certificate or "balance" they want to apply to that purchase. So perhaps the customer did "redeem" the gift certificate, but didn't use the balance or amount of it until recently. The easiest way to check this is to check the customer name, view all their orders, and see if there are any "credits" on their previous orders.

Hope that makes sense!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by paperthreads View Post
    It is possible this is a miscommunication?

You can REDEEM a gift certificate, without actually using it!

Oh My Goodness!! This is so my misunderstanding. That would explain why I didn't recall her using it before. I just thought I hadn't been paying enough attention. That's why the admin says it was redeemed months ago.

I am very new at this whole website store thing.

Thank you for helping me out. I've learned a few things from you both.

Thanks again!!!

Amber