Plugin Contributions

Default Sometimes no PPEC on Checkout

Hello
    I am using the Split Login option but sometimes the New Customers box on the Checkout page does not have the PPEC option (only 'create account'). The Returning Customers box is fine.
    This only seems to happen if, after hitting 'add to cart', I go directly to Checkout. If I first go to View Cart and then Checkout the PPEC option is always there.
    I am using V1.3.7 and Cherry Zen template with no significant amendments. I have tried it on other templates and get same problem. Sorry no URL as site on development machine.
    Thanks in advance.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Sometimes no PPEC on Checkout

Quote Originally Posted by agcolbert View Post
    This only seems to happen if, after hitting 'add to cart', I go directly to Checkout. If I first go to View Cart and then Checkout the PPEC option is always there.
    I'm not sure I understand you fully.

When clicking "Add to Cart", the customer is taken to the shopping-cart (viewc cart) page. On that page there is a regular checkout button, followed by a PPEC button.
    If the customer clicks the regular Checkout button, they will also see a PPEC button on the split-login page.

At least, that's what happens with the default template on a fresh install.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hi, thanks for looking.
    I have set 'Display Cart After Adding Product' to false in Admin so I don't automatically display the cart contents. I'll keep looking but to get round this I'll change my Admin settings back.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Is there any pattern to the cases where the PPEC option is not shown?

specific product, product price, use of a certain currency, type of product (with attribs or not, download or not), etc

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

No particular pattern.
    When 'Display Cart After Adding Product' is set to False in Admin, the process is as follows;
    1) View products
    2) Click 'Add to Cart' ... the 'Successfully added to Cart' msg is displayed
    3) Click 'Checkout'
    At this point the Login page is displayed without PPEC
    4) Click 'Shopping Cart'
    5) Click 'Checkout' and Login page displayed with PPEC

Once this point has been reached you can continue to shop and each time you click 'Checkout' the Login page is now displayed with PPEC showing.

I have actually grown to like, and see the sense of, displaying cart contents after adding each product so this is no longer a major issue for me.

Thanks for your time.