Plugin Contributions

Default PayPal Express "Return to Such and Such" Link

Hi,

I was wondering if there is a way to change the link that sends the buyer back to the store from PayPal. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PayPal Express "Return to Such and Such" Link

Change the link or the label folks see?
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

the link. I would like to return them to the cart or store front.

Plugin Contributions

any help? just to be clear, the link I'm talking about is the one you click on the PayPal page that says "Return to BrainBulb Records" (in my case).

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

It's important that the shopper return back to the page it's programmed to return to, as there are some checkout cleanup steps performed upon return.

Are you saying you don't like the content of the checkout_success page that is displayed? Do your customers not like to know that their order has been completed and to be presented with an opportunity to see the details of that order for confirmation purposes, and maybe to print those details? Or even a friendly follow-up message saying "thanks for your order", etc?

What is the business need behind your suggestion that returning to the store home page would be more appropriate?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I guess I didn't explain it well. Let me try again. I am referring to the link that I've underlined in red. Would like that to send the buyer back to the shopping cart. If not that, then can someone tell me what file that is (the one you're sent back to), so I can edit it?

Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

You can change the FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING to FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART in this line of the paypalwpp.php module:
    Code:
        $cancel_url = zen_href_link(($_SESSION['customer_first_name'] != '' && $_SESSION['customer_id'] != '' ? FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING : FILENAME_LOGIN), 'ec_cancel=1', 'SSL');
    However, PayPal suggests otherwise:
    Quote Originally Posted by PayPal Documentation
    NOTE: PayPal recommends that the value be the original page on whichthe customer chose to pay with PayPal or establish a billing agreement.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks! That's exactly what I was looking for.

However, I changed both FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING and FILENAME_LOGIN to FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART, so no matter what, canceling returns the customer to the cart.

I don't think this goes against PayPal's recommendation, as that's the page where the customer goes from the store to PayPal. (I don't have a traditional checkout button, and customers are not able to create an account.)

Thanks again!