Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion HOWTO: set up to send email to specific customer discount groups

I was searching for a way to send emails to user in a customers group.
    I found a easy way to do it:

Enter in your database (through MySQL or other) and enter in the table "query_builder". Insert a new values row with this values:

Query_id: the-next-id-number (7 to me).
    query_category: email
    query_name: group1 (the name of your group)
    query_description: a description of your group
    query_string:
    Code:
    select customers_firstname, customers_lastname, customers_email_address from TABLE_CUSTOMERS where customers_group_pricing = '1'
    (1 is your groupīs id number. You can find that number in the table "group_pricing)

...and thats all ;) Repeat the script to add all groups you want.

Tell me if it works! ;)

sorry for my English... if anyone wants to do a better translation... please do it.
    murphy was right

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: HOWTO: set up to send email to specific customer discount groups

Your English was fine.

I'll give it a try.

JP

Plugin Contributions

Hi.....i really new for PHP or MSQL but i want to send emails to user in a customers group. and i find this thread so could you please help me to guide step by step to do this :).
    what folder should i open and paste those script, i already add group pricing on the zen.

Plugin Contributions

Hi eirene. You have to modify your database, not any php file...

You can use phpmyAdmin or whatever tool to manipulate databases.

^^
    murphy was right

Plugin Contributions

Does this solution make a NEW EMAIL LIST available from the TOOLS/SEND EMAIL screen in the administrator?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Yes .

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I was also trying to add a new item to pull down list - GREAT FEATURE to be able to update in database

I updated the database, and the item showed up in the EMAIL pull down list and indicates 33 customers next to the pull down item.

However, when I send, error appears at top of page indicating that the email was not sent.
    Error Notice: FAILED to send Email to all recipients: All non-Newsletter Subscribers (0)

Change to query string was very simple: from customers_newsletter = "1" to customers_newsletter='0':
    select customers_firstname, customers_lastname, customers_email_address from TABLE_CUSTOMERS where customers_newsletter ='0'

Any suggestions on a fix? Is there another bit of code that needs to be changed?

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

sorry, I cant imagine what is wrong... may be you should take a look to the send email file... i dont know.
    anyone can help him?
    murphy was right

Plugin Contributions

Hi gersput
    I got no idea how you figured this one out. WELL DONE!
    What a great way to send emails to any sub group of customers. By the way you can setup a discount group with 0% discount if you simply want to create a group to email.