Plugin Contributions

help question New Install ~ "No input file specified."

Good afternoon!

I just finished the installation portion of Zen Cart until I got to the final page where it asks to go to my store and/or go to the Admin area.

I was able to view the Demo Store, however when I click "Go To Admin" it gives me a page that says "No input file specified."

Not sure what that means..... very new to all of this.

Thanks in advance!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: New Install ~ "No input file specified."

Hurm, guess everyone is stumped then

My provider is telling it may have something to do with the PHP either on the server or part of the install. Will know more later.....

It only happens when I try to log into the Admin section.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

You might ask your webhost to help you review your server's errorlogs to determine what is getting recorded when that appears.

If you enabled SSL during installation, you might try turning that off as a test. Also test whether the account-login or create-account screens work properly in the storefront.
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=15

Also, try renaming the .htaccess files under your admin folder to .htaccess_OFF in case they are attempting to do some sort of rewrite that your server doesn't like. You may even need to do that in non-admin sections, esp if you're running on a Shared-SSL configuration or have Zen Cart in a subfolder and have various rewrite instructions in your .htaccess elsewhere on your site.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

From my ISP:

Ask them if .htaccess files are required. Remember, our servers do not support conventional .htaccess files normally found on linux servers. Our servers are Windows based. The .htaccess files we use are stricly for a 3rd party component for Secure Folders.
    Does this mean I'm up a creek?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Oh the joys of Windows hosting.

You'll have to remove or rename the .htaccess files, as I mentioned in my previous post.

They are provided as security measures to protect against unauthorized access to various folders on your site. If your server dislikes their existence (as many Windows hosts do), you'll have to go without that protection or work with your hosting company to find other means of protecting against unauthorized snooping of files.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.